Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Degree(MEngSc) in Sustainable Energy?

Options
  • 27-03-2009 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences in doing the postgrad course in UCC on Masters Degree(MEngSc) in Sustainable Energy?

What the lecturers/lectures are like? general opinions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CorkLady1983

I did Elec Eng in UCC, have taken a look at the book of modules for this course, as I'm interested heading back for a year to do research in the area. Dr. Egan in particular is a very enthuastic lecturer. had him as an undergraduate and thought he was very thorough on any of the power engineering modules. Some of the civil engineering modules look very interesting as well. Was at the postgrad fair recently, supposed to be huge demand for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭No, you're a...

glad to hear some positive reports, i heard the course is in high demand too, don't think I stand much of a chance getting in but as they say "if you are not in, then you can't win"

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hells Kitchen

Was hoping to do this coarse myself. I dont know much about it only what i've read on the website. If you don't mind me asking why do you reckon you won't be accepted. Is it your background degree? On the website its classified under Civil & Environmental. Is that the degree there looking for? I'm hoping it is as thats what i'm doing.

Anyone with any info on the coarse i'd really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CorkLady1983

there was 230 applications for 30 places last year, that's the kind of demand for it at the moment, same for the course in DIT, there's a waiting list with the last 2 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭No, you're a...

Was hoping to do this coarse myself. I dont know much about it only what i've read on the website. If you don't mind me asking why do you reckon you won't be accepted. Is it your background degree? On the website its classified under Civil & Environmental. Is that the degree there looking for? I'm hoping it is as thats what i'm doing.

Anyone with any info on the coarse i'd really appreciate it.

I think having your background degree in civil and environmental won't be a problem at all. The main reason i don't think i'll be getting in is the massive over subscription (as described by CorkLady1983) coupled with I only got a 2:2, so it is unlikely overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Edelle

i hope to do the masters in 2 years time once im finished with my environmental engineering degree. im looking for some books or ebooks to do some background reading on sustainable energy... anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kkman40

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has done the sustainable energy masters course in UCC recently.
    Did you enjoy it? was it a good course?
    This masters does not seem to be accredited by Engineers Ireland which concerns me if I ever want to become a chartered engineer

Advertisement