Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever wanted to ask a question about here?

Options
  • 27-03-2009 3:02am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055521267&page=2

RTE are doing a very short piece on Boards. As part of that i'm doing a podcast which will be film (yeah, I dont know why either).

The podcast is one of Boards own podcasts with Monkey Fudge and he's canvassing for questions in that thread.

So far most of them are pretty "odd"!

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I don't know whether to ask here or there :-/
    Move if necessary.

How many hobbies have you pursued as a result of boards?

What does boards mean to you , is it more business or pleasure?

Have you ever wanted to give it all up ? If so what kept you going?

How big a part has boards played in your life?

What changes do you see for boards in the foreseeable future?

How has boards changed you as a person ? More mature , opened your mind /views etc?

What do you like/dislike about the way the way boards has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Where do you see boards in 10 years time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What is the craziest thing you have ever done for or after reading something on Boards.ie (E.g strip in front of the spire)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

snyper wrote: »
    Where do you see boards in 10 years time?

Don't say doing you wife. Don't say doing your wife.

ehh...Doing your, uh, son...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Why the **** is RTE doing a piece on boards? Dont they have anything better to write about?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Varkov wrote: »
    Dont they have anything better to write about?

Right back at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Varkov wrote: »
    Why the **** is RTE doing a piece on boards? Dont they have anything better to write about?
    It's surprising that they're doing a piece on boards rather than lifting stuff off it allright...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

How do you feel about the children that have been born as a result of Boards meetups, and do you feel anything towards them? Does it sometimes scare you that Boards so often crosses over into real-life?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It really is a hard site to top now.
    So,what's next in the pipeline?
    Will you keep on improving and/or go off in another direction?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Are there plan for adverts? Do you intend to expend employee/admin time on developing the sister site at a future juncture?

How do you feel about the children that have been born as a result of Boards meetups, and do you feel anything towards them? Does it sometimes scare you that Boards so often crosses over into real-life?

how do i feel?

disturbed.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I reckon it might be an idea to link in with other social networking sites to give us more of an edge. A lot of the changes that came in with the big vB upgrade could be integrated with other sites a lot more. I think that would be exciting.

+1 to that idea for shooting - I mean, right now I'm getting twitter reports from the Clay Pigeon high performance team who are kicking ass all round them in a training camp in Italy. That kind of thing would be of great interest to most of our target shooters. And we would find it far easier to twitter from competitions because of the mobile phone interface (we were doing that from a vintage rifle shoot last weekend, and again, of interest to lots of our shooters).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

How do you feel about the children that have been born as a result of Boards meetups, and do you feel anything towards them?
    how do i feel?

disturbed responsible.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Can you cite examples of where boards.ie has impacted the real world with changes to Irish culture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Going back to the very very very very very start.......who initiated the thought of the website and what were the pros and cons that were discussed (if any) at the time?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Going back to the very very very very very start.......who initiated the thought of the website and what were the pros and cons that were discussed (if any) at the time?
    I dont want to answer the questions here but I did think to point out this link to Kinetic:
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Pre-History

On that is the log of the actual discussion between me and Cloud when we mooted the idea for the first time.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I dont want to answer the questions here but I did think to point out this link to Kinetic:
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Pre-History

On that is the log of the actual discussion between me and Cloud when we mooted the idea for the first time.

DeV.

in a college lab somewhere in ireland...

dev- wot we goin to do today cloud?

cloud- same thing we do everyday dev, try to take over the world!

..enter pinky and the brain theme tune..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

in a college lab somewhere in ireland...

dev- wot we goin to do today cloud?

cloud- same thing we do everyday dev, try to take over the world!

..enter pinky and the brain theme tune..

Comparing DeV to an intellectually retarded mouse is never gonna end happily.

• Advertisement

Comparing DeV to an intellectually retarded mouse is never gonna end happily.

pinky > that guy who invented playstation

..besides, i have teh AIDS, i have nothing to fear only death itself. (mind you, account deletion would put a dampner on my day)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

+1 on the Adverts mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sparks wrote: »
    It's surprising that they're doing a piece on boards rather than lifting stuff off it allright...

Think of it as "meet the sources."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Jaysus guys... Didn't any of you actually click the link in the opening post? You were supposed to put your questions there.

Just love making things complicated for me, don't you?

Anyway. This is in the can now. Have to do a little bit of editing as RTÉ stopped us once or twice, mostly tell me to stop drifting across the room in my chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Jaysus guys... Didn't any of you actually click the link in the opening post? You were supposed to put your questions there.

Just love making things complicated for me, don't you?

Anyway. This is in the can now. Have to do a little bit of editing as RTÉ stopped us once or twice, mostly tell me to stop drifting across the room in my chair.
    I demand answers.

Or I just hope that some of my questions were broached.

Terry wrote: »
    I demand answers.

Or I just hope that some of my questions were broached.

We mentioned you getting nude at the Spire. I remember that much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

We mentioned you getting nude at the Spire. I remember that much anyway.

Did you pass on the pic to them? I was going to go hang it in the national gallery but some bugger robbed my idea and now I'll just look like a copy cat. Plus security is tighter now.

Should have this up in the next half hour or so.

Haven't had a chance to listen back to it myself though... other than to make an edit or two.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Get a shift on... I want to listen to this on the way home! ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah! :D

Advertisement