Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2009 Aussie GP(and Practice and Quali) Discussion and Spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

massa out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Kimi fecked up there. Kubica to win if the others are as tough on their tyres as the Ferraris and McLarens were.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Webber's had no luck today.

Thought Rubens might have had enough to finish the race
    Looks like Kubica will get a podium.

omg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Vettel and Kubica collide!

congrats button rubens and brawn gp

omg
    only 3 laps to go!
    Will it finish under safety car???

Irishshin wrote: »
    omg
    only 3 laps to go!
    Will it finish under safety car???

yeah id say so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Jayzis! Hamilton up to 3rd now.. (Had to mention it, sorry!)

Hamilton on the podium now.

Can't beleive this happened

• Advertisement

lol go vetel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I feel so sorry for Vettel and Kubica they had a good race. A 1, 2 for Brawn GP! Hamilton will be loving this too, form 18th to...POINTS!

Kimi retired now too.

Why is Trulli in 3rd.........

Hamilton showing as 4th now, very strange!

Wonder what happened there with Hamiltion / Trulli.
    Great race for Brawn GP :) Nice to see a change on top.
    And Alonso finished in the top 8. He must be happy :)

Very disappointed in Ferrari though.
    Hope they do better in Malaysia.

Congrats to Brawn GP. Great drive by Button, professional as Brawn said

Be interesting to see what happened with 3rd position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Grats to Brawn GP. Shame about Vettle and Kubica. Interesting to see the differential in tyre performance.

Just heard Button say he had no drinks bottle for the race. Madness!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Well, that was different.

I am still very unsure about the new rules in the long term, but it's good to see the shake-up that occurred in the short term.

NTM

• Advertisement

I'm guessing Hamilton must've accidentily passed Trulli under the safety car.

Pity about Kubica and Vettel, had Kubica got past he was going to win.

This is going to be a great season, 7 or 8 drivers could've won out there today.

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm guessing Hamilton must've accidentily passed Trulli under the safety car.
    Yea, forgot about that.
    Pity about Kubica and Vettel, had Kubica got past he was going to win.
    I think thats the one thing wrong with him. Looked too eager to get past Vettel and cost himself 2nd or possibly the win.
    This is going to be a great season, 7 or 8 drivers could've won out there today.
    Hopefully, with some teams not up to speed yet, the season should only get better

Silly from Kubica, the team should've told him to take it easier. He was at fault I thought.

Button and Barrichello, two very different ways to drive a race.:P

Next race should be good, completely different track and set-up. Heee, this is fun.

I'm one of the most anti-Hamilton people on here, but I have to say fair play to him today, fantastic drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Good racing there by Brawn team
    I am only hoping now that the diffusers will not be found illegal
    Imagine their points being wiped
    Bloody hell..Plonker Hamilton awarded the win..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....!!!
    Somebody tell me it is not going to happen :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

great race. i was sceptical of the new rules but it certainly seems livened up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭lancerwall

Great start for the Brawn gp team. Good to see the new rules actully worked out well :)

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    Good racing there by Brawn team
    I am only hoping now that the diffusers will not be found illegal
    Imagine their points being wiped
    Bloody hell..Plonker Hamilton awarded the win..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....!!!
    Somebody tell me it is not going to happen :mad:

This race and Malaysia won't be affected because they were found to be legal at least until the appeal hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Cracking race, delighted for Brawn GP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

This race and Malaysia won't be affected because they were found to be legal at least until the appeal hearing.

Pheew
    Thank Fcuk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Congrats to Trulli as well. That really was a cracking drive.

Shaping up to be a very interesting season.

Seems there will be a lot of competitive teams this season, a lot of competitive drivers and I have a feeling in the future we will see some cracking battles between the likes of Kubica, Vettel and Hamilton.

The rule changes also seem to have worked out nicely. The cars seem a bit easier to follow and the Kers system (although I wrote it off as an expense-adding gimmick) seems like an interesting addition. It definitely seems to work better than A1's power boost.

Looking forward to a good season....oh and BBC coverage very good, Coulthard and Jordan make a great team commenting on the race imo. They both know there stuff and they are both entertaining to watch.

Babybing wrote: »
    Congrats to Trulli as well. That really was a cracking drive.

Shaping up to be a very interesting season.

Seems there will be a lot of competitive teams this season, a lot of competitive drivers and I have a feeling in the future we will see some cracking battles between the likes of Kubica, Vettel and Hamilton.

The rule changes also seem to have worked out nicely. The cars seem a bit easier to follow and the Kers system (although I wrote it off as an expense-adding gimmick) seems like an interesting addition. It definitely seems to work better than A1's power boost.

Looking forward to a good season....oh and BBC coverage very good, Coulthard and Jordan make a great team commenting on the race imo. They both know there stuff and they are both entertaining to watch.

Great drive from Glock too.

Let's not forget that only for Raikonnen's error and Massa's problem that they would've been right up with Hamilton and the Brawns. The Ferraris and Hamilton seem to have no problem at all when it comes to race pace.

Still not mad about the KERS tbh.

Was disappointed with the BBC after-race coverage. Lack of highlights or comments from the team about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Very interesting race, happy for Brawn and co. I guess Hamilton will get third. Rush of blood to the head from Vettel and Kubica, i thought Kubica should have given vettel more room he had him and possibly could have caught Button but through it away. :rolleyes:

The stewards were a bit slow today the first safety car came out about 3 laps too late then stayed out 4-5 laps too long, and Vettel should have been given a black flag for trying to finish with damaged car. :confused:

Ted Kravitz pissed me off when he said all the cars that started on the soft tyre were wrong, when it turned out to be the better strategy. Not happy with the amount of interviews with Richard Branson. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Feck it anyway

Fell back asleep after my alarm went off & missed the entire race

Seems to have been a good race goin on the some of the comments above

Will BBC show highlights tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Wow what a race. Looks like its going to be a great season. What a story the Brawn one is too. Delighted for the whole team and the drivers.

It's not really a good track to gague it but the cars do look less upset following another and KERS looks great. Lots of overtaking. The new rules seem to be doing their job at a time when the sport really needs it. I haven't been this excited by F1 in years

The BBC coverage was a big let down. I probably expected too much. DC and EJ doesn't work imo...in fact I think they're terrible. DC looks like he doesn't want to be there and EJ is like your annoying relative who never shuts up. Good to hear The Chain back.

I dont know what to make of Leggard either. I despised James Allen but we've gone from one extreme to another. Thank god for Brundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Trulli with a 25 second penalty moving Hamiliton up to 3rd and Vettle with a 10 place grid drop due to an "avoidable accident" over on itv.com

Jesus, Vettel given a 10-place grid penalty for next weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix too.:mad:

Feel sorry for Trulli but I'm happy for Hamilton. Like him or hate him he drove a great race all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Nice race to watch, the cars are much closer to each other on the track due to the new rules. Don't like the kers system, isn't everyone supposed to have it? Also don't like the two different tyre rule, never did btw. Hope kimi will do better next race. Great result for the "new" Brawn team, how many times will we see Button's dad this year :pac:

edit, i forgot to mention that when Button finally caught up with the safety car, all the debris was gone and so the reason for the safety car. Still it took 3 laps before the SC went in.

Very disapointed Trulli got that penailty
    Surely the team shoulda realised this and tell him to let Hamilton re pass him.
    At least then Trulli woulda got 4th and points

Interesting Vettel penalty. I thought it was 50 / 50 in who caused it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Like him or hate him he drove a great race all things considered.

Trulli started behind him therefore drove just as good if not better race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Vettel's penalty was for trying to drive the car to the pit lane instead of parking at the scene of the incident.

Trulli should, and you would hope, have been aware of the overtaking... so, Bad.

But as said, both started from the back of the grid and did well to finish in the points.

Dcully wrote: »

I kind of made that statement in light of the stick Hamilton gets around here. Also, going on qualy, the Toyotas looked faster.

• Advertisement

Absolutely daft from Trulli. Still, at least it meant we didn't have to see Hamilton on the podium. :P

I don't know how the stewards can penalise Vettel for the collision, I really don't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I kind of made that statement in light of the stick Hamilton gets around here. Also, going on qualy, the Toyotas looked faster.

He deserves the stick, hes a horrible person imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

What an absolute idiot Trulli is, wanted to see Hamilton on the podium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Very good race today:), Button did very well to win today. I was dissapointed that Massa did not finish the race but when he was behind the safety car he kept driving to roughly so I knew it was'nt looking good. Dont like Hamilton but he did well to finish where he did, as for Vettel incident I too do not see how he was punished for it as well but rules are rules i suppose:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Good point.

If Schumacher did that we would still be hearing about it to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

lovinit wrote: »
    as for Vettel incident I too do not see how he was punished for it as well but rules are rules i suppose:confused:

I believe it was more because he kept on driving with his wheel hanging next to the cockpit, he could have gotten a black flag for it. I thought he wanted to drive to the pits but apparently he tried to finish the race like that.

He deserves the stick, hes a horrible person imo.

Lol, on what grounds is he a "horrible person"? He always comes a across as a decent enough guy in interviews despite having to tow the corporate line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Careful Mike, you'll upset the "Feck those english ****" crowd, and then you'll be in trouble. Clearly, the guy is english, ergo a wanker. PLUS, their commentators are always concentrating on the British/English drivers, unlike the broadcasters of every other nation, who don't spend any time talking about their drivers. I heard anyone in Spain mentioning Alonso gets sacked the next day by law. You'd never catch the irish pundits banging on about the same tired rugby heroes with marvellous puns that rhyme with "God" for, oooh, 5 years or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Lol, on what grounds is he a "horrible person"? He always comes a across as a decent enough guy in interviews despite having to tow the corporate line.
    Telling Ron Dennis the person who sponsored him from a young age and gave him his break into f1 to **** off over the radio, blocking his teammate during qualifying, throwing the toys out of the pram when he doesn't get his way, calling other drivers monkeys at the back, the fact that he compares himself to senna, I'm sure i could think of more. :rolleyes:

@Slutmonkey57b Button is English too but most people have been happy for him similarly BrawnGP an English team, McLaren another English team well supported by people on here, all the other UK based teams. :confused:
    rua1972 wrote: »
    I believe it was more because he kept on driving with his wheel hanging next to the cockpit, he could have gotten a black flag for it. I thought he wanted to drive to the pits but apparently he tried to finish the race like that.
    I don't get it why carry it into the next race, the lad made a mistake give him a slap on the knuckles and move on there is no need for an incident like this effect the result of the next race. He should have been given a black flag, fined after the race and told that in future if his car is that badly damaged to pull off the track asap.

• Advertisement

I'm delighted for Button, so it's not an anti-english thing why I dislike him. It's his arrogance and sense of entitlement.

I've always liked Button, despite the fact he got a lot of coverage before he started, he's been driving around in a **** car few several years and has earned his place near the front. I also happen to think he's one of the best drivers on the grid.

Advertisement