Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Internet & mms settings on Renoir

• 27-03-2009 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi i had a renoir on 3 didnt like 3 or their service so i got it unlocked and switched to vodafone i got the settings from the sticky here but cant seem to get it working anybody able to bring me through step by step im a bit slow in this area amoung others :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Give us a chance, we like to sleep at night.

What settings did you enter? Post up the options that you're given when you go to the internet settings screen

The options might be like this:

Profile name:Vodafone live
    Homepage:http://live.vodafone.com
    Bearer:GPRS
    IP address:10.24.59.100
    APN:live.vodafone.com
    User ID:dublin
    Password:dublin
    Display image:yes
    port:80
    connection type:HTTP
    Secure settings: off

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    The options might be like this:

Profile name:Vodafone live
    Homepage:http://live.vodafone.com
    Bearer:GPRS
    IP address:10.24.59.100
    APN:live.vodafone.com
    User ID:dublin
    Password:dublin
    Display image:yes
    port:80
    connection type:HTTP
    Secure settings: off

Tried all that but it not working i was hoping some1 had done it on a renoir before and could tell me exactly what to do

Tried all that but it not working i was hoping some1 had done it on a renoir before and could tell me exactly what to do

Are you sure that everything is exactly as it is there? Those are the correct settings but if something is different or you've skipped over something it won't work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You are really not helping us to help you.

If you provide more info on exactly what you did, and exactly what the problem is, you may get some help.

I appreciate you may or may not be all that familiar with the technical details, but the more info you give us, the better it will be for you.

If you put your sim into another vodafone phone that can normally access the internet does it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i had a renoir on 3 didnt like 3 or their service

did they call you names, what was so bad that you were motivated to move to vodafone...

If the phone ever has to go for repair within the first 12mts it will be relocked to 3 and all the original 3 settings will be restored...worth noeting before you get to carried away...

did they call you names, what was so bad that you were motivated to move to vodafone...

If the phone ever has to go for repair within the first 12mts it will be relocked to 3 and all the original 3 settings will be restored...worth noeting before you get to carried away...

She could take it to mprc who won't do that

She could take it to mprc who won't do that

they'll hardly load the vodafone settings on it for her, 3's repairs are carried out by fonmenders at a fixed price if it's customer damaged (besides water), I doubt using mprc your covered under the same agreement...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    Sam never said mprc would load the Vodafone settings for the OP. He just said it could be brought there to be repaired under warrenty.

You know drunkmonkey, his day’s not complete unless he's bickering with Vimesy. ;)

they'll hardly load the vodafone settings on it for her,
    No they won't. I never said they would.
    3's repairs are carried out by fonmenders at a fixed price if it's customer damaged (besides water), I doubt using mprc your covered under the same agreement...

No if it's customer damage the price varies but as has been pointed out, she's not on 3 anymore and so can't use the phone menders service or the handset would come back locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Lads, back to the topic at hand. Take your bickering to PM..

Random wrote: »
    Lads,.

here we go again...
    20090327-8dsnu5iaet7xicb8au45xxew97.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

here we go again...
    Enjoy your infraction. Now please, ON TOPIC.

Are you sure that everything is exactly as it is there? Those are the correct settings but if something is different or you've skipped over something it won't work

ok i appreciate the help ill tell you exactly what i did so you can tell me where im goin wrong

Step 1: Menu
    Step 2: Conectivity
    Step 3: Access Points

These are the sub menu Options for acess points

Connection Name: live.vodafone.com
    Bearer: Gprs
    Authenication: 3 Options Here 1. No Auth 2. PAP 3. CHAP(IF i choose 1 there is no req for username or password if i choose 2or3 there is)
    Username: dublin
    Password: dublin
    Apn: (I have to type something in here there are no Options)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

ok i appreciate the help ill tell you exactly what i did so you can tell me where im goin wrong

Authenication: 3 Options Here 1. No Auth 2. PAP 3. CHAP(IF i choose 1 there is no req for username or password if i choose 2or3 there is)

The connection name can be anything you want. You should choose PAP and then enter live.vodafone.com in the APN field. Let us know how you get on.

What Rsaeire said is right but some settings are missing. Somewhere in the same area you should find an option for a proxy IP address and port number which should be 10.24.59.100 and 80 respectively

What Rsaeire said is right but some settings are missing. Somewhere in the same area you should find an option for a proxy IP address and port number which should be 10.24.59.100 and 80 respectively

yes they are in the internet profile set up and the rest is in access point set up this is far harder than expected do you reckon if i brought it into a vodafone shop they'd set it up for me

• Advertisement

yes they are in the internet profile set up and the rest is in access point set up this is far harder than expected do you reckon if i brought it into a vodafone shop they'd set it up for me

They might but I don't really see what the problem is. We've told you exactly what you need to do

The usernames and passwords etc don't really matter. The only things that have to be there are the APN (live.vodafone.com) and the proxy address and port number (10.24.59.100 and 80).

If you've entered that and it still doesn't work, try your sim in another vodafone phone and see if the internet works.

You could also try making an internet profile with the APN isp.vodafone.ie and leave everything else default but the pricing on that is different, 19c per mb instead of 99c per day (assuming you're on pre pay)

Edit:and make sure once you've created the profile that you've set it as the default so the phone is actually using it

They might but I don't really see what the problem is. We've told you exactly what you need to do

The usernames and passwords etc don't really matter. The only things that have to be there are the APN (live.vodafone.com) and the proxy address and port number (10.24.59.100 and 80).

If you've entered that and it still doesn't work, try your sim in another vodafone phone and see if the internet works.

You could also try making an internet profile with the APN isp.vodafone.ie and leave everything else default but the pricing on that is different, 19c per mb instead of 99c per day (assuming you're on pre pay)

Edit:and make sure once you've created the profile that you've set it as the default so the phone is actually using it

When i put in my proxy it puts in my .'s automatically so instead of 10.24.59.100 i have 102.45.91.00

Would that matter

When i put in my proxy it puts in my .'s automatically so instead of 10.24.59.100 i have 102.45.91.00

Would that matter

Yes that definitely would matter. Enter it as 010.024.059.100

Yes that definitely would matter. Enter it as 010.024.059.100

Thats it good man fair play

Glad you got it sorted :)

Advertisement