Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G Prices

Options
  • 27-03-2009 8:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone remembers how much the original iPhone 2G cost when it was launched? And when the 3G was launched, was it the same price as the 2G was when it was launched or was it a different price?

I suppose I'm wondering how much the new iPhone will cost when it's released during the summer, assuming there is a new one launched. Based on how things were the last time, I'm wondering might it be even more expensive?

I thought I vaguely remember the 3G iPhone as being advertised as cheaper than the 2G, but I don't know if this is true or not.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone remembers how much the original iPhone 2G cost when it was launched? And when the 3G was launched, was it the same price as the 2G was when it was launched or was it a different price?

I suppose I'm wondering how much the new iPhone will cost when it's released during the summer, assuming there is a new one launched. Based on how things were the last time, I'm wondering might it be even more expensive?

I thought I vaguely remember the 3G iPhone as being advertised as cheaper than the 2G, but I don't know if this is true or not.

Cheers

The original iPhone price was not allowed to be subsidised by o2, whereas the 3g is, so you can't really compare the two. As far as I remember the cost was €399/499 and you were still tied to a billpay contract with o2. PAYG now is €480/569.

Advertisement