Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On street parking

Options
  • 27-03-2009 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if you have a dublin city council parking permit does that mean you can only park on the road that you live on?
    So if its a small road with lots of cars you mightn't get parking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It would generally cover an area more than just one street I'd imagine. I know the Dun Laoghaire one will cover all of Dun Laoghaire, the Dalkey one all of Dalkey, but if I go to Dalkey with my Dun Laoghaire permit and not pay, I can expect a fine. You'd be best off ringing the council and finding out what area your permit covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭VinDevo

irishguy wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if you have a dublin city council parking permit does that mean you can only park on the road that you live on?
    So if its a small road with lots of cars you mightn't get parking?

Usually only the road you live on - in some cases eg where you have a bus lane outside your house they allow you to get a disc for a nearby street - the disc doesn't guarantee you a space just allow you to park for free on your street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

So does it cover an area or just the street you live on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Just the street you live on, actually the cheap €40 permit is for the street you live on. I think you can buy one for any street but if you don't live on it you pay somewhere in the region of €400.

Advertisement