Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the point of anonymous posting...

Options
  • 27-03-2009 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

......if it doesn't get published? I posted a dilemma on the Work Problems forum yesterday and it's STILL not up. I got the window saying a Mod needs to approve it first, but why is it taking so long? :mad:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

In fairness, the mod may or may not have been online, added to the fact there may be a que of posts to go through. Just have a bit more patience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Well, I know I'm not the most patient person in the world :) but surely the posts should have been checked between 2pm yesterday and today!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Well, I know I'm not the most patient person in the world :) but surely the posts should have been checked between 2pm yesterday and today!?

Indeed, the neck of these mods and their real lives. I think the work mods should get the sack tbh. Down with this sort of thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

......if it doesn't get published? I posted a dilemma on the Work Problems forum yesterday and it's STILL not up. I got the window saying a Mod needs to approve it first, but why is it taking so long? :mad:

As said - the moderators may simply not have got to it yet.

The moderators on boards.ie are volunteers. As such we don't expect them to be around 24/7. Be patient, and they'll get to it soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There are a number of posts sitting unmoderated for a few days. I'll PM the mods to see if they'd like a new pair of hands to keep an eye on that forum specifically.

That forum was somewhat thrust upon the original Work & Jobs mods, so they may not be too inclined to check for unapproved posts all the time, or they may just be busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Mods feel recession too.

Advertisement