Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placebo - Battle for the Sun

• 27-03-2009 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Dunno if they are classed rock/indie anymore but anyhoo, fantastic band.
    New album is out in June and there is a free track download on their website to anyone interested!

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/index.html

Hopefully we get an Irish date for this tour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Really like that new track, but god help us the lyrics are woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Thanks to a little mistake by some baldy dude on camera at a promotional event not so long ago, Placebo are going to be placing a few bets at some racecourse in Kildare in mid-July, so I believe! ;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

very average single....they seem to be going the europop rock route or something....don't have the same rawness as they used to ....hope they play an indoor venue as well as poxygen...i find it insulting when a band only does festivals...because it is insulting....

liked some tracks on meds a lot tho...usually a bad 1st single is a sign of a good album with them strangely....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Nea wrote: »
    Dunno if they are classed rock/indie anymore but anyhoo, fantastic band.
    New album is out in June and there is a free track download on their website to anyone interested!

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/index.html

Hopefully we get an Irish date for this tour.

Ooh I like.

But I have a real soft spot for anthing by the 'bo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

was fully prepared for the album to a great big steaming pile of do do......

After one play though i can say the album ain't half bad , a little different for them but not in a way some bands do different in that i doesnt sound like them any more. Favorites so for 'Kitty Litter' and 'Neverending Why'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Olympia december 15
    it'll be a good one

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Brians voice has gone a bit more 'manly', I guess that'll take some getting used to! All in all, a solid album by them so far. Can't wait to see 'em in December.

Advertisement