Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer signing suggestions ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

As long as its not downing i dont mind. Jonas Gutierrez seems to be a decent player, plenty of hard graft and stood out for me yesterday, if the barcodes go down maybe we could get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Definitely wouldn't sell Huddlestone, although Bentley can shag right off... Jenas too!!
    I's take Michael Carrick back in a heartbeat to play CM with Palacios, can't see that happening though.
    I'd go all-out this summer to buy Joe Cole from chelsea, altough I think he's supposed to have been offered a new contract recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sully Muntari came out saying that he'd like to play in england again link to article http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_5217690,00.html

He'd be a really impressive signing and I think he's played a lot for inter this year and impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

SULLY MUNTARI???? I certanly hope not! Italian league is a poor league, and inter's best team looked very ordinary against united in CL. Muntari was an ordinary player for portsmouth and still is as far as i'm concerned.

And guiterez from newcastle :eek:...dont get me started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

whitey21 wrote: »
    I dont think another massive spending is in order! after all it was only that lawyer comolloli who was makin all these signings never ramos or Jol, not signing the players we needed. i.e.defensive centre mid, i.e palacious!

Anyways, i'd like to see the main squad kept, just trim off the nobodies, rocha, gunter, boateng, tarabt, gilberto!

But i dont see why sell pav (13/31 games in his 1st season),

bent (15/39 in his 1st season where he has gotten a fair run, which got him a call into england squad).

As far as selling BAE (solid left back, decent defender, which is what is main job is to,DEFEND!)

bently(horrible passing, horrible crossing, but at blackburn the season before, he was immense. Was a big fan. So i'd like to give him time to see what he can do, because he can be a lethal player imo)

Hudd (unreal passer, only young fella with plenty of time to improve/move faster:p)

gomes(doing great for us now!)

These are good players, that would probably start/appear regularly in teams around us in mid-table. We cant go selling someone everytime they put in a couple of bad performances, especially after splashin millions on them only a couple of months back like we are some kinda champions league team, because we damn well arent playin the CL!Maybe if we get to that stage, well that'll be a different story!

Sorry, bit of a rant there! Left winger i think is what all spurs fan think we need! Downing would be decent, Mcgeady possibly is another option too! My mentions would be Duff with newcastle possibly going down! He's a great winger, when he's not injured! And Richardson at sundarland too!:D

None of the above please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

As a left winger- either Aiden McGeady or Damien Duff. I think either of these would do well and are realistic targets (especially if Newcastle go down)

But there is one player in the premiership this season that I would LOVE to see at Spurs- Steven Ireland

He's got the skill and creativity we need, but I cant imagine him going cheap. Its not as if Man City need the cash!

froosh69 wrote: »
    As a left winger- either Aiden McGeady or Damien Duff. I think either of these would do well and are realistic targets (especially if Newcastle go down)

But there is one player in the premiership this season that I would LOVE to see at Spurs- Steven Ireland

He's got the skill and creativity we need, but I cant imagine him going cheap. Its not as if Man City need the cash!

Odd how Ireland, Duff and McGeady are all being touted....oh, hang on, this is an Irish Spurs Supporters Forum...;):rolleyes:;)

BOLT wrote: »
    Odd how Ireland, Duff and McGeady are all being touted....oh, hang on, this is an Irish Spurs Supporters Forum...;):rolleyes:;)

ha, good point, but i genuinley believe each and every one of them would make a massive impact...I'd also say Richie Dunne, but I think we're ok in defence...(!)

But really though, Im not really sure if we need many signings- i think the talents there. We should be getting rid of some fringe lads, if anything.

That Taraabt lad is a great left winger, just needs a bit of maturity, and dos Santos will be one to watch next season...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

hang on now Dunne would not be a great signing at all he has to take responsibility for city's terrible defence as captain and main man in defence granted bridge is the world's worst left back at defending but dunne has to take responsibility for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree IMO the best result this summer will be:

Offload Bent & Pav and resign another strong striker (Crouch/Martins spring to mind) and maybe someone who would be happy cover (Viduka if newcastle go down?)
    Sign a LM (hard to know who off hand but I'd suggest Pederson)
    Keep all our main players i.e Modric/Lennon/Woody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

crouch jesus christ the wind would knock him over - he's brutal.

i'd like to see pav get a good run , in fairness to the lad he looks tired but has played a lot of football with the euros and russian league etc it looks like it took it's toll.

but please not crouch

hang on now Dunne would not be a great signing at all he has to take responsibility for city's terrible defence as captain and main man in defence granted bridge is the world's worst left back at defending but dunne has to take responsibility for it.

I was only messin! In all seriousness, if we signed Steven Ireland, we'd be sorted, and I totally believe that. It's only a matter of time before some really big clubs come along for him! He'd be perfect with Palacios- he can attack very well, and never stops running...He'd be my No.1 addiition to the squad...

Can't help thinking that Pav is Iversen in disguise...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

BOLT wrote: »
    Can't help thinking that Pav is Iversen in disguise...

Ha Ha, I still love him foe his goal against Wimbledon in the League cup back in 98/99

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

froosh69 wrote: »

:eek:You must be joking on the first two.

Ireland would be great but I don't see us getting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Saw a comment from Redknapp on Skytext today saying he is just looking to add 1 or 2 quality players in the summer and hopefully push for top 4 next season.. That is highly encouraging I think

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

I'd like to see if he could coax Diarra into a return to the Premiership. Diarra/Palacios would provide a pretty formidable and un-Spurs like midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dmcevoy24

I'd like to see if he could coax Diarra into a return to the Premiership. Diarra/Palacios would provide a pretty formidable and un-Spurs like midfield.

thats a great call !!

Woodgate wrote: »
    :eek:You must be joking on the first two.

Ireland would be great but I don't see us getting him.

yeah agrree on ireland but duff and mcgeady ??????? not a chance both will be signed by wolves hopefully as wolves would be about there standard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

not too sure on mcgeady to be honest. he looks lively for celtic and not just the spl but in europe too but when he plays for ireland ive only see him play one maybe 2 tops good matches. think he would be a good squad player but the answer to our left sided problems i dont know. maybe.

duff? no. think he is past it to be totally honest. he is a shadow of the player that played with robben at chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

That is a great shout and one that could be a good possibility with Diarra and redknapp's relationship. I will more than likely get lambasted for the next shout but I would like to see Eboue !! Seriously I think he would be a good addition at right back.

how many right backs do we need???

we already have corluka, hutton, chimps and the young lad on gunter loan and if we need more cover zokara has been given th nod a few times

Seillejet wrote: »
    That is a great shout and one that could be a good possibility with Diarra and redknapp's relationship. I will more than likely get lambasted for the next shout but I would like to see Eboue !! Seriously I think he would be a good addition at right back.

your taking the p................iss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭conorlechance

whitey21 wrote: »
    SULLY MUNTARI???? I certanly hope not! Italian league is a poor league, and inter's best team looked very ordinary against united in CL. Muntari was an ordinary player for portsmouth and still is as far as i'm concerned.

And guiterez from newcastle :eek:...dont get me started

Inter are far far far superior to Tottenham. Muntari is not good enough for Inter but would be a good signing for Tottenham.

keane=cock wrote: »
    how many right backs do we need???

we already have corluka, hutton, chimps and the young lad on gunter loan and if we need more cover zokara has been given th nod a few times

They are all shocking players. Granted corlucka had a decent game against whose bothered albion yesterday but generally he has been poor. Chimps is always a liability and Gunter has been shocking. Zakora :eek:

dmcevoy24 wrote: »
    your taking the p................iss

I actually am not. I think he is a good player. His ball for Fabregas was class last week and could you imagine the slagging rights with gooners if he was a success which I have no doubt he would be. I know he dived like a little bit of a jesse at times but I honestly think he would be a good purchase,

Id take Steed back too if Sunderland are relegated!

Seillejet wrote: »
    They are all shocking players. Granted corlucka had a decent game against whose bothered albion yesterday but generally he has been poor. Chimps is always a liability and Gunter has been shocking. Zakora :eek:
    :confused::confused::confused:

this time u must be taking the piss?

corluka has been quality all season. think he had a couple of bad games in his time as a spurs player.

as for hutton his time has been hampered at spurs tru injury but he is good. i have seen enough of him in the spl and the scottish national side to know this. even red nose fergie knows he is good he thought of singing him at the same time.

as for chimps i was delighted to see him go and surprised to see him back.

gunter is still young and learning his trade. dont think he will make it for us thought.

i never once said i thought zokora was a good right full i said he has filled in there!!

keane=cock wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

this time u must be taking the piss?

corluka has been quality all season. think he had a couple of bad games in his time as a spurs player.

as for hutton his time has been hampered at spurs tru injury but he is good. i have seen enough of him in the spl and the scottish national side to know this. even red nose fergie knows he is good he thought of singing him at the same time.

as for chimps i was delighted to see him go and surprised to see him back.

gunter is still young and learning his trade. dont think he will make it for us thought.

i never once said i thought zokora was a good right full i said he has filled in there!!

Agree with you re Gunter and Chimps.

I think Corluka is poor. No pace and his positional sense is suspect. Dawson gets a raw deal with him in the side ahead of him. Fair point on Zakora I am just not a fan.

I dont think Ferguson showing interest in someone is an indication that they are quality. Dyemba Djemba? I am not looking for an argument I know my views are not really conventional on signings.

For example I think Darren Fletcher would be a great signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

corluka would easily walk into a top 4 team at right back. hes one of the best in the league. hutton is a good back up but i thinks chimps and gunter will go.

and if the rumours are true jenas in a swap for muntari id take that.

• Advertisement

seille jet we will have to disagree n that n leave it t that. i voted for corluka on the player of the year thread.......

Advertisement