Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deportation case mother had fake baby death papers, inquiry told

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

green123 wrote: »
    ireland has been unfairly targeted by too many bogus aslylum seekers.
    ireland is not an easy country to get to for these people, there are alot of other countries that they counld go to if they were genuine.
    why do they choose ireland ?
    they are laughing at stupid little ireland, how easy it is to get in are scam us.
    are you happy with these people making a fool of you with their stories ?
    Have you witnessed this first hand, or are you just going by what you heard in the pub?
    Are you 100% certain that all asylum seekers are dodgy? If so, can you prove each individual case?

If you can, then your country needs you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

ireland has been unfairly targeted by too many bogus aslylum seekers.
    ireland is not an easy country to get to for these people, there are alot of other countries that they counld go to if they were genuine.
    why do they choose ireland ?
    they are laughing at stupid little ireland, how easy it is to get in are scam us.
    are you happy with these people making a fool of you with their stories ?

Firstly, nobody is making a fool of me, it doesn't effect me directly. I also don't care too much, I am more pissed off at the people who created such a scamable system.

You answered your question yourself. Why do they chose Ireland you say? Then you state that it is easy to get in and avail of our great benifits?

Still you will blame the asylum seekers. Not all of them are genuine, but you cannot say that they are all not genuine. It's obvious that other countries do not have the benifits for asylum seekers as we do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

unfortunately i dont think it will be investigated as much as it should be.
    too many people in ireland like terry trying to keep it quiet.
    i dont know why they are happy to allow ireland to be flooded with bogus asylum seekers ?

Who is responsible for all of this? Our spineless politicians of course. If we had a legislature with some backbone, the problem of false asylum claims could have easily been rectified. But now we are in a horrible situation. We have a populace who are going to be doubtful of all claims from here on. Even though Ireland should be a haven for genuine asylum seekers.

I do not believe that Terry is trying to keep this issue quiet ..... testament of which is the fact that this thread is not locked. It is an emotive issue and needs 'careful' handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kathy2

What witch hunt? Why oh why can't we learn from our mistakes.

It this seemingly pointless denial that stops us from moving on.

How could there be a witch hunt when the woman admits it? ;)

Articles are published on multiple web sites:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Not directly relevant but I think a valid point to make is the amount of cases being taken by those who have had a negative decision made against them during the asylum process. Here is a recent court list (March 19th) of all those who are just waiting to get a date in court:

http://www.courts.ie/legaldiary.nsf/a29e83d32296b62f80256c590060acda/91c3a9923bdafe738025757d00409ed8?OpenDocument

Must be a good few hundred there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

This woman and her supporters are playing the sympathy card in media from day one.

How dare any of us have an opinion that differs from that, regardless of what the Irish media is reporting,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

NOW SHE ADMITS USING FAKE DOCUMENTS - KICK HER OUT - The courts cant side with her now.

Izevbekhai admission a concern - Lenihan

The Minister for Integration has described an admission by a Nigerian mother that she used fake documents to assist her high profile asylum case here, as a matter of concern.

Earlier, it emerged Pamela Izevbekhai had used a fake death certificate for her daughter, and a forged affidavit from a doctor in Nigeria, in support of her argument that its not safe for her family to return to Nigeria.

Conor Lenihan said the matter will be examined fully by the courts.

AdvertisementHe added that during a visit to Nigeria last week he was assured female circumcision was not widespread.

Ms Izevbekhai is standing over her claim that she did have another daughter, Elizabeth, who died in 1994 as a result of female genital mutilation.

She claims that if sent back to Nigeria her surviving daughters' lives will be put at risk.

Ms Izevbekhai was responding to newspaper reports claiming that a Nigerian obstetrician and gynaecologist denied earlier claims that he had delivered Elizabeth, and had treated her again when she died.

Speaking on RTÉ Radio's Marian Finucane Show, Ms Izevbekhai said 'I know that this doctor is refuting everything', but she insisted that her daughter Elizabeth 'is real...she lived and died'.

Listen to the full interview

'I am in this country for the reason that I claim and that is the truth', Ms Izevbekhai said.

'I did not lie. I am here to protect my children...whatever I have to do to protect my children I will do...I have already lost one child I will not lose more'.

'If I did not have a fear of FGM I would not be here', she said, adding that 'the Nigerian authorities cannot give me safety'.

Responding to Ms Finucane's remark that 'If this documentation is fake it is very difficult for...any court to find in your favour', Ms Izevbekhai said that her husband was asked for money upon requesting the report from the doctor in question.

Asked what her legal advisers are saying, Ms Izevbekhai said she has 'to wait' and confirmed that her case to remain in Ireland, and prevent deportation, is scheduled to be heard this Friday.

'I don't know what is going on right now', she said.

'There is a lot that I cannot say, there is a lot that I cannot explain'.

Asked about the matters she could not talk about, Ms Izevbekhai said 'you cannot explain what you can't see'.

'I need to be careful please...I do not have legal backing as I speak to you now', she said.

Asked about its reaction to the latest developments in the case, a spokesman for the Department of Justice said it cannot comment on cases which are currently before the courts.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0329/izevbekhaip.html

redout wrote: »
    NOW SHE ADMITS USING FAKE DOCUMENTS - KICK HER OUT - The courts cant side with her now.

Izevbekhai admission a concern - Lenihan

The Minister for Integration has described an admission by a Nigerian mother that she used fake documents to assist her high profile asylum case here, as a matter of concern.

Earlier, it emerged Pamela Izevbekhai had used a fake death certificate for her daughter, and a forged affidavit from a doctor in Nigeria, in support of her argument that its not safe for her family to return to Nigeria.

Conor Lenihan said the matter will be examined fully by the courts.

He added that during a visit to Nigeria last week he was assured female circumcision was not widespread.

Ms Izevbekhai is standing over her claim that she did have another daughter, Elizabeth, who died in 1994 as a result of female genital mutilation.

She claims that if sent back to Nigeria her surviving daughters' lives will be put at risk.

Ms Izevbekhai was responding to newspaper reports claiming that a Nigerian obstetrician and gynaecologist denied earlier claims that he had delivered Elizabeth, and had treated her again when she died.

Speaking on RTÉ Radio's Marian Finucane Show, Ms Izevbekhai said 'I know that this doctor is refuting everything', but she insisted that her daughter Elizabeth 'is real...she lived and died'.

Listen to the full interview

'I am in this country for the reason that I claim and that is the truth', Ms Izevbekhai said.

'I did not lie. I am here to protect my children...whatever I have to do to protect my children I will do...I have already lost one child I will not lose more'.

'If I did not have a fear of FGM I would not be here', she said, adding that 'the Nigerian authorities cannot give me safety'.

Responding to Ms Finucane's remark that 'If this documentation is fake it is very difficult for...any court to find in your favour', Ms Izevbekhai said that her husband was asked for money upon requesting the report from the doctor in question.

Asked what her legal advisers are saying, Ms Izevbekhai said she has 'to wait' and confirmed that her case to remain in Ireland, and prevent deportation, is scheduled to be heard this Friday.

'I don't know what is going on right now', she said.

'There is a lot that I cannot say, there is a lot that I cannot explain'.

Asked about the matters she could not talk about, Ms Izevbekhai said 'you cannot explain what you can't see'.

'I need to be careful please...I do not have legal backing as I speak to you now', she said.

Asked about its reaction to the latest developments in the case, a spokesman for the Department of Justice said it cannot comment on cases which are currently before the courts.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0329/izevbekhaip.html

There is a word for people that don't tell the truth.

What's that word ?

Maybe one of the ban happy moderators can jump in on this one with an explanation ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

What's that word ?

Liars.
    Maybe one of the ban happy moderators can jump in on this one with an explanation ?

The so called "ban happy" moderators are trying to act in the best interests of this website. Any more posts discussing/questioning or making snide remarks about moderator actions in this thread will be banned without warning.

javaboy wrote: »
    Liars.

The so called "ban happy" moderators are trying to act in the best interests of this website. Any more posts discussing/questioning or making snide remarks about moderator actions in this thread will be banned without warning.

I was told that I would receive an apology once it was proved that she was in fact a 'liar' after I received a ban. I just wanted to point this out to the moderator in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

your going to get banned for that :D

Remember the refugees from bosnia that came to our country in the 80's and 90's? I remember people disliking them because they were foreign. I couldn't help feel sorry for people who have left EVERYTHING behind them, their homes (or what was left of them) their jobs, family, friends, their lives, comming to a new country and starting their life from scratch.

There is no valid comparison she had a job in a bank:pac:
    There was no war:D
    She has admitted all the documents are fake:D
    Do you need some one to come up and take the cash out of your pocket:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

So this case finally draws to a close..half a million euro and counting another con-artist has cost us.

And still there are people who take thier side..unbeleivable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Degsy wrote: »
    So this case finally draws to a close..half a million euro and counting another con-artist has cost us.

well when you defend someone without question even though the the evidence
    was so obvious to the majority of people its hard to back down and admit they were totally wrong

kathy2 wrote: »
    What witch hunt? Why oh why can't we learn from our mistakes.

It this seemingly pointless denial that stops us from moving on.

How could there be a witch hunt when the woman admits it? ;)

Articles are published on multiple web sites:D
    I was referring to the witch hunt on asylum seekers.

This woman and her supporters are playing the sympathy card in media from day one.

How dare any of us have an opinion that differs from that, regardless of what the Irish media is reporting,
    See post below:

What's that word ?

Dublin1600 wrote: »
    OMG this just keeps getting better and better, best novel ever!!!

Now Pamela admits papers are faked

Pamela Izevbekhai, the Nigerian woman who claims she fled to Ireland in order to save her two daughters from female genital mutilation (FGM), has admitted that documents used in a series of legal challenges against her deportation were counterfeits.

She still insists that she had a daughter, named Elizabeth, who died in 1994 at the age of 17 months after undergoing female circumcision.

Izevbekhai, whose landmark Supreme Court challenge to stay in Ireland with her two daughters, Naomi, 7, and Jemima, 6, is due to be heard this Friday, made the admission yesterday. The disclosure is almost certain to cause the collapse of her legal challange.

Izevbekhai admitted that a document purporting to be Elizabeth’s death certificate was a fake. An affidavit from Joseph Unokanjo, an obstetrician who purportedly treated the child before she died, was also a counterfeit.

Izevbekhai said she only learned that the documents were fake on Friday night when her husband Tony, who is living in Nigeria, admitted he had obtained them from a fraudster. She claimed her husband was forced to obtain the fake documents because Unokanjo had refused to supply the real papers and medical reports without a substantial payment.

Unokanjo has denied this in an interview with The Sunday Times but refused to answer detailed questions about the case unless he received a payment of €5,000 from the newspaper.

Izevbekhai said she now regretted taking a series of legal challenges, including one to the European Court of Human Rights, against her deportation and those of her daughters.

“I didn’t know the documents were fake when I passed them to my lawyers. I am so sorry for what has happened. If people are upset, they have every right to be upset. Everything I did, I did it believing the documents to be true. I know I am in a lot of trouble and I don’t know how to get myself out of it,” she said.

Izevbekhai appealed to Dermot Ahern, the justice minister, to “pardon” her for what had happened. She said she feared being killed in her native country if her deportation to Nigeria proceeded. “Anything that I did was for the safety of my children. Nigeria is not a safe place for me any more.” Izevbekhai said she felt she had let down her supporters, friends and legal team. “My lawyers acted in good faith. I didn’t set out to deceive anyone because I didn’t know the documents were fakes.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article5993384.ece

She did not admit to forging these papers.
    Once again, she did not admit to forging anything herself.
    A third time for those hard of reading: She did not admit to forging any papers herself.

If she admits to, or if the courts find her guilty of forgery, I will happily sit back and allow you all to have a feild day and post smiley faces indicating that you are happy that a woman has been found guilty of/admitted wrongdoing.
    Until then, the previous warnings remain.

The case is not over yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Terry wrote: »
    The case is not over yet.

Well as far as the courts siding with her it more or less is.

WOW.....ABSOLUTELY WOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I know a Russian girl who came here claiming asylum. It was a bogus claim. The Government wanted to deport her but she wouldn't cooperate, in particular, wouldn't confirm she was in fact Russian and threw away her passport. They sent her to prison for 8 weeks and then released her. They never bothered her again. Guess what? She now has an Irish passport.

I don't really have a problem with people coming here looking for a better life, but I do think our Government are useless when it comes to bogus asylum seekers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I heard her today on Marian Finucanes programme. She admitted her husband forged the documents. She would not answer specifics and I think she has embellished a lot of her story. Not sure where the truth lies here. I can't believe someone could lie about having a child while going through the courts.. It would be hard to pull off.

Years of practice and 400,000 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

This case will be over very soon, she hasn't a rats ass chance of winning leave 2 remain. Justice must be seen to be done, that means the deportation of this woman. When she tried on the ECHR challenge the government feared a victory for her would set a precedent, they then sent in the Gardai to investigate her claims further. The revelations this week have destroyed her case, I'd gladly wager everything I have on her getting the boot very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Disgusting human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Nobody on this thread has supported con artists. A great number have quite rightly attacked sweeping, blanket accusations against Asylum seekers, Nigerians etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not trying to go offtopic.

But I remember a chap from a few years back, think his name was Kunle.
    Got deported, came back to do the Leaving Cert and the last I heard got caught driving uninsured.
    I've idea where he is now and don't realy have any need to know.

Now I remember demonstrations pleading for him to stay and they worked as Minister McDowell got involved.

Will the good people of Sligo (I think it's Sligo?) going to start similar protests when the case is over and plead to the Minister Ahern and the Dept of Justice?
    It worked before.....

• Advertisement

mikemac wrote: »

Got deported, came back to do the Leaving Cert and the last I heard got caught driving uninsured.

Now I remember demonstrations pleading for him to stay and they worked as Minister McDowell got involved.

Will the good people of Sligo (I think it's Sligo?) going to start similar protests when the case is over and plead to the Minister Ahern and the Dept of Justice?
    It worked before.....
    Of course.
    Anyone who doesn't join the protest is quite obviously a racist and we can't have lily from Edenderry thinking that of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

It worked before.....

No, nothing can stop her deportation....its the right thing to do.

Well if the papers concerning the child are fake, shes fucked, case wise.

It does strike me as worthy of inquiry as to why it took this long to establish that they were, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Organising a bus to collect pamela and her support in sligo town on friday morning and bring her to the airport. PM me for details of how to donate to the cost. I accept paypal,cash and all major credit cards that can be scanned and copied :D

/double checks to make sure this is not the politics forum

Nodin wrote: »
    Well if the papers concerning the child are fake, shes fucked, case wise.

It does strike me as worthy of inquiry as to why it took this long to establish that they were, though.
    Here's your inquiry:
    Government didn't investigate fully. Didn't want to be seen as racist.
    Done.

That'll be €7,000,000. Thanks.
    I'll invest in the next Roddy Doyle movie.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    Here's your inquiry:
    Government didn't investigate fully. Didn't want to be seen as racist.

Makes no sense, as a protracted case would (and did) bring about those accusations. Additionally, they'd have to have know she had fake papers to avoid investigating them. I would have presumed that the papers would have been the first things looked at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hopefully Roddy Doyle, Mary Robinson and our various other bleating champions of middle class morality will still be as eager as before to comment on this case now that they've been well and truly humiliated by their cause celebre. Maybe they'll agree to donate the cost of this fiasco back to the taxpayer :pac:

Makes no sense, as a protracted case would (and did) bring about those accusations. Additionally, they'd have to have know she had fake papers to avoid investigating them. I would have presumed that the papers would have been the first things looked at.
    That's my point.
    You can have inquiry after inquiry and the outcome will be the same every time.
    €50,000,000 for that one. I just saved us from 17 years of inquiries.

From an article last December
    the meeting was arranged by the party’s spokesman on children Alan Shatter and its spokesman on immigration Denis Naughten. The Sligo TD John Perry was also involved.

Speaking outside Leinster House, Mr Shatter said that her case was an exceptional one given that she has already lost a daughter because of genital mutilation.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/1218/1229523051668.html

Now I'm not saying Fine Gael were at fault as they didn't have all the facts.
    But will the Sligo TD issue a retraction? And he wouldn't have gotten involved unless Pamela had a fair bit of support in Sligo
    More likely this TD will say nothing and hope it goes away

Got that link from here
    http://www.letthemstay.org/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I would have presumed that the papers would have been the first things looked at.

To establish that the papers are fake to the degree required to withstand a legal challenge in the High Court for every case would be impossible. Fraudulent documents are nothing new, but it would leave the Minister open to legal challenge to decide that the documents are fake, without a detailed investigation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

McDowell had the right idea when he was minister.Hear thier stories at the airport if they were cock and bull,turn them around and onto the next flight home.If anybody is looking for a reason for all this anti-asylum seeker sentiment,look no further than the behaviour of some of these people..forgery,perjury the lot.People from overseas should see themselves as ambassadors to thier country when they're over here.The chinese do it very well for example and are seldom in the news as often as nigerians.Whether its reasonable or not,people from opinions on others based on thier behaviour,this woman has done irreprepairable damage to the image of her countrymen in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I deliberately avoided this thread as i beleive its another Nigerian bashing thread.
    As most of you know i am Nigerian, i have lived in Ireland since Sept 11/01 (nearly 8yrs)
    I did the leaving cert and fecked off to College

Nigerians in Ireland have a very bad image, but not all Nigerians are scammers/fraudsters/liars.
    Majority of my Nigerian freinds are here legally, student visa's/ work visa's etc as most of them work in accounts, IT and medicine. They will be considered skilled employees and are part of the community.

My opinion on the Pamela case: this so called Doctor who claims his signature was forged is lying. In Nigeria, there is no need to forge a doctor's signature. All you need is to go to the doctor, give him what we call "brown envelope" and he'd sign his signature on any letter you need.
    Second of all, i don't know any genuine case of female mutilation. But then again my parents are educated, and i was fortunate to have good education and upbringing. I am not saying it doesn't happen, i just don't know of any genuine case.

On the Mayor: apparently he's in Ireland because he has an Irish child. I will avoid commenting on this as i have a lot to say which may not be nice :)

One thing for sure, is the Nigerians abused the Irish Goverment hospitality/generousity. As i like to say, they milked it!
    Unfortunately that has given us a bad name and there is little or nothing anyone can do about it.

As a person i ask people not to judge me because i am Nigerian but to judge me because of who i am, my morals, personality and my beliefs...

Cheers, Min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

From an article last December

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/1218/1229523051668.html

Now I'm not saying Fine Gael were at fault as they didn't have all the facts.
    But will the Sligo TD issue a retraction? And he wouldn't have gotten involved unless Pamela had a fair bit of support in Sligo
    More likely this TD will say nothing and hope it goes away

Got that link from here
    http://www.letthemstay.org/ :D

Well you can do what I did yesterday and contact these geniuses. Don't forget to 'cc' their headquarters and Enda Kenny when submitting your displeasure. Their information is on the Fine Gael website.

Listen, a vocal minority in Ireland is giving the impression (to the politicians) that we want to turn a blind eye to economic refugees (in the guise of Asylum Seekers).

If you want change to happen, then you will need to start with your local TD.

The best way to tackle this asylum problem is to ensure that once an applicant seeks asylum, they should be accessed ASAP(2-4wks) yes i know it's a short time.
    Once they have been refused asylum, they should be on the next plane back. No room for appeals, but then again the judicial system can be very slow in making decisions...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The chinese do it very well for example and are seldom in the news as often as nigerians.

Oh come on Degsy let's not lose the run here.
    The Chinese run enslaved/endebted brothels all across the city (and maybe country too but I'm not up in those parts), huge amounts of grass growing going on (and nicking the leccy off the grid) and far more murders (young couple burnt in their beds in Stoneybatter comes to mind).
    No I'm not against all of the above but not everyone else is like me and it is two fingers to our laws of justice and nor is it acting like ambassadors either.

As for that line well I've done a lot a illegal things abroad and hope that there's still plenty left for me to do too.

As for the Sligo woman...get out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I deliberately avoided this thread as i beleive its another Nigerian bashing thread.
    As most of you know i am Nigerian, i have lived in Ireland since Sept 11/01 (nearly 8yrs)
    I did the leaving cert and fecked off to College

Nigerians in Ireland have a very bad image, but not all Nigerians are scammers/fraudsters/liars.
    Majority of my Nigerian freinds are here legally, student visa's/ work visa's etc as most of them work in accounts, IT and medicine. They will be considered skilled employees and are part of the community.

My opinion on the Pamela case: this so called Doctor who claims his signature was forged is lying. In Nigeria, there is no need to forge a doctor's signature. All you need is to go to the doctor, give him what we call "brown envelope" and he'd sign his signature on any letter you need.
    Second of all, i don't know any genuine case of female mutilation. But then again my parents are educated, and i was fortunate to have good education and upbringing. I am not saying it doesn't happen, i just don't know of any genuine case.

On the Mayor: apparently he's in Ireland because he has an Irish child. I will avoid commenting on this as i have a lot to say which may not be nice :)

One thing for sure, is the Nigerians abused the Irish Goverment hospitality/generousity. As i like to say, they milked it!
    Unfortunately that has given us a bad name and there is little or nothing anyone can do about it.

As a person i ask people not to judge me because i am Nigerian but to judge me because of who i am, my morals, personality and my beliefs...

If an irish poster said the above they'd be looking at getting banned or attacked by the pamela apologists. Thank you for saying it. I admire your honesty. Its far more than we get from the pathetic arseholes who are campaining in defense of a fraud.

Daroxtar wrote: »
    If an irish poster said the above they'd be looking at getting banned or attacked by the pamela apologists. Thank you for saying it. I admire your honesty. Its far more than we get from the pathetic arseholes who are campaining in defense of a fraud.
    All my working life has been working to reduce fraud :)

The chinese do it very well for example and are seldom in the news as often as nigerians.

Many Chinese here at supposed to attend English language schools. But in reality they only exist on paper so it's back door way to a visa.

And a Chinese student on a student visa is only supposed to work 20 hours a week. Lol, do you think this is enforced?

This is from what I've seen but for more backup here's an article from a national newspaper in 2006 article

Many Chinese here at supposed to attend English language schools. But in reality they only exist on paper so it's back door way to a visa.

And a Chinese student on a student visa is only supposed to work 20 hours a week. Lol, do you think this is enforced?

This is from what I've seen but for more backup here's an article from a national newspaper in 2006 article
    Just to CLARIFY on a student visa, you are permitted to work 20 hours while attending full time college/40 hours when on holiday.
    It's stamped on every study visa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

on a sidenote, can we thank the wonderful IRISH 'Institutes of education' that pretty much sanction this and take up to 2 grand to write the letter that lets non eu workers into Ireland.

Every time you look at a foreign person working here on student visa just think theres some grubby little Irish enterprise ripping them off

on a sidenote, can we thank the wonderful IRISH 'Institutes of education' that pretty much sanction this and take up to 2 grand to write the letter that lets non eu workers into Ireland.

Every time you look at a foreign person working here on student visa just think theres some grubby little Irish enterprise ripping them off
    I don't understand your post.

No matter what the Government does, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to avoid Foreign workers getting exploited.
    Some may suggest a ban, forbidding students to work like in America. The thing with this is the students will go elsewhere(England, France etc)
    The revenue lost is not be worth it, i believe it's in the region on 1billion per year.
    For instance, a student studying medicine in RCSI pays 32k per anum for fees. That excludes accommodation, upkeep and books etc. If you do the math of 6yrs in college etc that's a full mortgage for a 4 bed house!
    International students cannot get loans to cover fees in Ireland so the fees are from their parents/Government(Arabs) and loans from their home countries.

I also believe that for you to be granted a study visa, the fees paid should be more than 5k(i am not sure about this but i will clarify)

I also don't think all students are exploited, they should know better than to let themselves into such situations...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I hope she gets deported if the reports are true that the story was a fabrication.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

For what it's worth, I'd say mass to avoid being sent to Nigeria. I don't condone fraud, but the difference between living in Ireland or Nigeria is night and day. If she's guilty, I can see why she did it.

• Advertisement

psni wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I'd say mass to avoid being sent to Nigeria. I don't condone fraud, but the difference between living in Ireland or Nigeria is night and day. If she's guilty, I can see why she did it.

That doesn't make it right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement