Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deportation case mother had fake baby death papers, inquiry told

1234568»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Nodin wrote: »
    I was responding to a post made at 13.20 today......

Whats the point?
    The woman is (hopefully) going to get ****ed out and you're still grasping at straws that its everybody else's fault but hers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Degsy wrote: »
    Whats the point?
    The woman is (hopefully) going to get ****ed out and you're still grasping at straws that its everybody else's fault but hers.

Jaysus.....fancy that.

You wouldn't mind showing where I did that in the post you were referring to, or where I reference that specific case....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59629473&postcount=318
    Seeing as I typed about 12 characters all told, and included a small piece from an article and a link, it should be easy to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

It emerged last night that the Irish rate of granting refugee status to asylum seekers is well below the EU average.
    Latest figures reveal Ireland ranks 18th out of Europe's 27 countries for allowing asylum.
    A report by the Irish Refugee Council supports government plans for a radical overhaul of the refugee system, which would see applications for various types of protection considered together under one system.
    fair enough but i stand by my bleeding heart minority remark.

Ah so the Irish Refugee Council are on the case!
    No wonder,they're completely state-funded and this case might be the kick up the hole needed to cut them off and stop wasting my tax money...they're fighting for thier lives as well as thier credebility/
    This case puts me in mind of pavee Point when the roma gypsies were living on the m50 roundabout..it took the romanian ammbasador to say the romas were lying about living in a rubbish heap before they dropped the case.
    Thse state agencies mollycoddling and defending criminals should be disbanded and the money used to help irish people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Ah so the Irish Refugee Council are on the case!
    No wonder,they're completely state-funded and this case might be the kick up the hole needed to cut them off and stop wasting my tax money...they're fighting for thier lives as well as thier credebility/
    This case puts me in mind of pavee Point when the roma gypsies were living on the m50 roundabout..it took the romanian ammbasador to say the romas were lying about living in a rubbish heap before they dropped the case.
    Thse state agencies mollycoddling and defending criminals should be disbanded and the money used to help irish people.

Here here,there are hundreds if not thousands of Irish on the streets,homeless,there is no avenue these people have to better themselves,have you ever seen a homeless Nigerian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Irlbo wrote: »
    Here here,there are hundreds if not thousands of Irish on the streets,homeless,there is no avenue these people have to better themselves,have you ever seen a homeless Nigerian?

We need a sarcasm smiley.

This is sarcasm right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I was responding to a post made at 13.20 today......

A post where I said "Quote:
    The difference between the Irish and Nigerians has always been our willingness to work, and work damn hard, an attitude which is sorely missing from a lot of our Asylum seeking/ arm chancing/ hand out/ I know my rights lazy fraudsters from Nigeria.. "

I stand by it, if so many of these Nigerians were genuinely 'fearing for there lives' more would be making it through the Asylum process successfully, and not having to burn their passports are con there way into Irish society, where they do nothing buit reproduce and take handouts.

I stand by what I said about alot (even though in reality IMO it's actually most) of them being lazy fraudsters who are here to leech off the Irish welfare system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Homeless!! Have you seen a Nigerian without an iPhone!

fair enough but i stand by my bleeding heart minority remark.

There may well be bleeding hearts, but they really don't strike me as relevant to the facts. Now logically, if we rank that far down in the tables, the country/state can hardly be accused of being too worried about them either. If you want to know who is screwing this country over, you don't need to look at refugees or anything so exotic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

It emerged last night that the Irish rate of granting refugee status to asylum seekers is well below the EU average.
    Latest figures reveal Ireland ranks 18th out of Europe's 27 countries for allowing asylum.

Maybe they started to their their job properly so.

Look, this isn't rocket science.

Nigerians are number one on the list for asylum seekers in Ireland.
    Source: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2009032623323382 (Nigeria's most widely read newspaper).

Since there is such a high degree of fraud in many of these applications, they are rejected and refugee status is not granted. Ergo, Ireland's rate should be lower than the EU average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

female genital mutilation is disgusting, this woman was trying to protect her children as im sure anybody with children or even nieces/ sisters would do.

if you thought somebody you loved was going to be put through a horiffic ordeal such as this, would you not be willing to do anything to prevent it.

this woman is brave and is being a responsible parent by standing up to to something that she belives is wrong.

and who are we to say that the doctor is not telling fibbs, this is a highly controversial subject in africa etc. and perhaps he was just trying to save face and make her look bad because he is ashamed of what happened.

Your crazy

There may well be bleeding hearts, but they really don't strike me as relevant to the facts. Now logically, if we rank that far down in the tables, the country/state can hardly be accused of being too worried about them either. If you want to know who is screwing this country over, you don't need to look at refugees or anything so exotic.

At last ireland is gaing a reputation for efficiency.
    Hopefully after this case they'll be refusing a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Victor_M wrote: »
    Homeless!! Have you seen a Nigerian without an iPhone!

Or gold watches,silver necklaces,timbaland boots,and other assorted high street brand names,or expensive apartments in some of the most sought after areas in the country

Believe me, i am all too aware that Ireland is being damaged from the inside, out more than from the outside in. That said, I believe the vast majority of immegrants into this country are here for financial gain, not because they are fleeing persecution. And thats fine, I wouldnt deny anyone the chance to make a better life for themselves (I may have to do it soon myself!) but I really cant stand those who lie and go down the asylum route in order to be allowed stay thereby impacting on those who really need our protection. And these people are facilitated by the bleeding heart loud-mouther minority i meantioned earlier.

Or gold watches,silver necklaces,timbaland boots,and other assorted high street brand names,or expensive apartments in some of the most sought after areas in the country
    balbriggan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

So if they were white how would you know they weren't Irish?
    Oh thats right its only the fordiners that exploit the system and spend they're ill gotten gains on crap.

sarcasm

So well dressed black man = Nigerian = fraudster of some description...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Wow a thinly veiled racist thread. Never see any of these in AH.

If they're so destitute how did they afford to travel here in the first place?
    i couldnt afford a trip to Lagos and i'm considered eminently taxable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Zadkiel wrote: »
    So if they were white how would you know they weren't Irish?
    Oh thats right its only the fordiners that exploit the system and spend they're ill gotten gains on crap.

sarcasm

Surely accent and not colour is the give away to nationality or atleast regionality. Sure look at Clinton Morrison he's Irish and black but he doesn't have a Nigerian accent ;)

• Advertisement

If they're so destitute how did they afford to travel here in the first place?
    i couldnt afford a trip to Lagos and i'm considered eminently taxable.

This. It's a major problem in these situations that any Nigerian that can get to Ireland is probably not the one that needs helping out.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Surely accent and not colour is the give away to nationality or atleast regionality. Sure look at Clinton Morrison he's Irish and black but he doesn't have a Nigerian accent ;)

Ofc forgive me, it would be a dead give away as they all chat away on their iPhones :rolleyes:

Again with the sarcasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Not all Nigerians in Ireland are asylum seekers. Many are doctors, nurses etc. If some of them choose to waste their money on Apple's pretentious must have gadget, the latest fashion crazes or whatever that's their business.

I'm not happy with the direction this thread is going in. If you want to bash immigrants you know where to go. Here's a clue: It's fronty and stormy.

No more of this crap.

Ofc forgive me, it would be a dead give away as they all chat away on their iPhones :rolleyes:

Again with the sarcasm

All I was saying was your method of distinguishing foreigners by colour was flawed.

Anywho back on to the issue if she is found out to be lying doesn't her husband have some business deals in the UK? Surely the government could bring his business to court for the legal costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

javaboy wrote: »
    Not all Nigerians in Ireland are asylum seekers. Many are doctors, nurses etc. If some of them choose to waste their money on Apple's pretentious must have gadget, the latest fashion crazes or whatever that's their business.

Prejudice against Apple users!!

May Steve Jobs forgive you.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    All I was saying was your method of distinguishing foreigners by colour was flawed.

Anywho back on to the issue if she is found out to be lying doesn't her husband have some business deals in the UK? Surely the government could bring his business to court for the legal costs.

Sorry I was being sarcastic mate, as some of the previous posters don't seem to grasp black african doesn't always mean nigerian
    I have some friends from Sierra Leone who were genuine asylum seekers so that attitude kind of pisses me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Wow a thinly veiled racist thread. Never see any of these in AH.

its been thinly veiled? Those Fcuking muslims again I bet :mad:

Sorry I was being sarcastic mate, as some of the previous posters don't seem to grasp black african doesn't always mean nigerian
    I have some friends from Sierra Leone who were genuine asylum seekers so that attitude kind of pisses me off.

Understandable. Unfortunately society tends to take the easy way out, I've done it before myself. Because a large percentage of immigrants in Ireland are Polish (Eastern block) and Nigerian (Africa) most from those areas get bulked in with them. Hell every time I go on a holiday I have to correct someone who calls me English :shudder: :pac: so it's a worldwide issue of simplifying to a majority.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement