Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceili / Set dancing?

Options
  • 27-03-2009 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I've been to the odd ceili (mainly when showing some foreign friends around) but it was almost always something put on mainly for tourists with little to no Irish people there. It was a great bit of craic though and I wouldn't going to them more often.

I've tried searching online for them and the closest thing I could find were set dancing classes. Although the people there do seem to be aware of when and where the next ceili's are going to be and I suppose its not bad to practise the steps a bit beforehand.

I'm 25 myself though and the general age range of the classes / ceilis that I seem to be able to find is a fair bit older than myself, enough so that I sort of feel a bit out of place there LOL. Anyone here know of any Set dancing classes / ceilis with a younger crowd? (I don't mean exclusively young, but at least one where its a 50 / 50 mix, or even 25 / 75 mix!!)

Im in the Dublin / Kildare area.
    Thanks for any feedback

Advertisement