Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare in Celbridge - how to advertise?

Options
  • 27-03-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

Just wondering on how someone might best go about advertising child care (homecare) to people around the Celbridge area. The sticking notes in shop windows aproach isn't working!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

I live in Celbridge but don't have any children so I have no first hand experience but although there's already a creche in our (relatively new) estate, we've had a huge number of flyers put through out letter box advertising childcare both in-home and in creches from all over the local area.
    It seems to be a fairly competitive market at the moment around our here.
    Your best bet is probably to design a good flyer and head off on foot to deliver them. I'd put as much info on it as possible including your qualifications and insurance details(if you're covered) as there are a lot of people out there who have no experience or qualifications and are only chancing their arm to make a quick buck.

I hope it all works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Hehe funny user name for someone who wants to look after children :D

Personally I dump every leaflet that's put into my house. If it doesn't have my name on it than it's for the bin.

Have you done any market research in the area?

Prices that the local creches are charging
    What they have to offer for the child staying there like art classes,tv?

You are best going into the creches, saying hi i have a child and am shopping around. Can you tell me what you guys have to offer and what makes you different from the others? They will give you everything, this gives you ideas. Than you will not only have to offer what they do but also offer something better. ok?

Than get down to the price. In recession and all that, have your price clear and clearly saying 50euro cheaper per week than any other creche in Maynooth. Just an example! Have the leaflet so that it's colorful and catches the eye. You will have to spend a couple of euro's on getting them printed up but it's worth it.
    Also clearly state if there are any extra services that you offer while the child is staying there. People want to feel they are getting value for money so consider what you could offer extra.

Perhaps have a word with the Manager in supervalu and Dunnes Stores and see if you can leave leaflets there or get the staff to put them into their own catalogues on the 1st page turn over.

Have to work hard for this mate, sticking a leaflet on a shop window with a number and waiting for the calls is going to leave you no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Last Angry Man

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    Hehe funny user name for someone who wants to look after children :D

Personally I dump every leaflet that's put into my house. If it doesn't have my name on it than it's for the bin.

Have you done any market research in the area?

Prices that the local creches are charging
    What they have to offer for the child staying there like art classes,tv?

You are best going into the creches, saying hi i have a child and am shopping around. Can you tell me what you guys have to offer and what makes you different from the others? They will give you everything, this gives you ideas. Than you will not only have to offer what they do but also offer something better. ok?

Than get down to the price. In recession and all that, have your price clear and clearly saying 50euro cheaper per week than any other creche in Maynooth. Just an example! Have the leaflet so that it's colorful and catches the eye. You will have to spend a couple of euro's on getting them printed up but it's worth it.
    Also clearly state if there are any extra services that you offer while the child is staying there. People want to feel they are getting value for money so consider what you could offer extra.

Perhaps have a word with the Manager in supervalu and Dunnes Stores and see if you can leave leaflets there or get the staff to put them into their own catalogues on the 1st page turn over.

Have to work hard for this mate, sticking a leaflet on a shop window with a number and waiting for the calls is going to leave you no where.

Ha ha it's not me it's my fiancé. All good advice though, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

It's a pain, but she has to throw herself out there. Like I said she shouldn't reveal her intentions to everyone when gathering info on the market. Have to be a little devious (don't know if i spelt that word right)

Anyways good luck and if theres anything else I can try and help you.

Advertisement