Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo ds repairs in sligo?

Options
  • 27-03-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

I hope I'm posting in the right forum as I think I'll get a better response from the sligo boards
    My son broke his nintendo ds (dropped numerous times) and the hinge is now broken. Is there anywhere in sligo I can get it repaired? instead of sending it off somewhere else?
    I bought it in Zavvi a year ago, (are they even open now?)
    Thanks in advance
    Moondancer :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I don't know of anywhere in Sligo that can repair it however I can tell you that Zavvi in Sligo is well and truly closed now:(

Check this forum and you might get some information about where you can send it.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Hi bobcar,
    Thanks for the quick reply :D My son is heartbroken over this, so was hoping to get it fixed asap. Oh well!
    I'll probably have to send it off.
    Thanks again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I know it's not in Sligo but there is a shop in Enniskillen who repairs Playstations, they might do it too?

Mrs.T wrote: »
    I know it's not in Sligo but there is a shop in Enniskillen who repairs Playstations, they might do it too?
    Thanks Mrs.T, I'm just too lazy to drive far! I'm gonna run around town today & ask everywhere. I'm surprised there isn't anyone around that would do repairs! They would probably do good business.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Very unlikely you'll find anyone in town.

Give witnessmenow on the Nintendo forum a shout..

He does repairs and has advised me on one or two problems I had with my DS Lite and he knows his stuff.

You might need to send if off to him.. unless you know anyone in Galway or Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

basquille wrote: »
    Very unlikely you'll find anyone in town.

Give witnessmenow on the Nintendo forum a shout..

He does repairs and has advised me on one or two problems I had with my DS Lite and he knows his stuff.

You might need to send if off to him.. unless you know anyone in Galway or Athlone.

Have to agree with this post, he is very good at what he does.

Thank you guys!! I will PM him now :)
    Didn't get around town today, that rain was awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cazmcco

Hi,

witnessmenow has given up posting on boards for lent so he asked me to reply here for him!

He cant reply to your PM moondancer, it throws up an error.

Send him your email in a PM and he'll get back to you.

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

if no luck with this lad,

consoleireland.ie is very good, about 50 euro per DS to fix on small problems like yours plus 7 euro to post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

you can trade your old one in for a new one (dsi) and you olny have to pay half price for the dsi at Game in enniskillen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

you can trade your old one in for a new one (dsi) and you olny have to pay half price for the dsi at Game in enniskillen.
    Just to clarify, it has to be a DS lite that you trade. And the offer is in the Game in Sligo too.

fozzle wrote: »
    Just to clarify, it has to be a DS lite that you trade. And the offer is in the Game in Sligo too.

Good, just saw it in Enniskillen but that probaly means all stores do it and Smyths in Sligo have always good deals too. Thanks for that Fozzle!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't know if they'd accept a DS with a broken hinge as trade-in... as they need to sell it on.

Thats good to know, thanks. Honestly this DS belongs to an almost 6 year old & it's wrecked already! :rolleyes:
    But good to know for the future :)

basquille wrote: »
    Don't know if they'd accept a DS with a broken hinge as trade-in... as they need to sell it on.

I think they fix it anyway, my pre owned xbox had a repair sticker on the inside. Yes I took it apart.

Advertisement