If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another big thanks to John and everyone at RicherSounds

Options
  • 27-03-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Just have to say a huge thanks to John and the guys at Richersounds, I posted a bit of a rant on here on 13.03.09 - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055512162 , I had called numerous stores in the UK but was told by all of them that the Marantz SR6003 cannot be shipped outside of the uk, and the best price I could get here in Ireland was €1000.
    You can see the price John quoted in my other post !

John replied to my post and following that I spoke to him on the phone and true to his word I now have the Marantz under my tv at home, it was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday, that and a lovely set of Monitor Audio 5.1 speakers :D

So thanks to John for a cracking deal and excellent service, also can't forget Dave for getting it all shipped to me and to Ursula for putting up with my constant phone calls.

I am going to hopefully be buying a new TV soon and I can safely say that Richersounds will be getting more of my money !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

So I connected up my new Monitor Audio speakers and Marantz SR6003 properly over the weekend and I am completely blown away by the sound from this setup.
    Movies and music have taken on a whole new dimension now, the Sub woofer is something else, neighbors won't be too impressed with me from now on !!

Once again John thanks a million for sorting this out for me :D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kao123 wrote: »
    So I connected up my new Monitor Audio speakers and Marantz SR6003 properly over the weekend and I am completely blown away by the sound from this setup.
    Movies and music have taken on a whole new dimension now, the Sub woofer is something else, neighbors won't be too impressed with me from now on !!

Once again John thanks a million for sorting this out for me :D

Thanks again Kao123 - really appreciate it when Customer take the time to mail and say thanks!

I'll pass your thanks onto the Guys instore and to Monitor Audio/Marantz.

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

John/kenny,

Just want to say legends got my 32"sharp the other day, stunning pic, i think i got too good a deal!! :D

Very happy and thanks for sorting out after all the issues with my laser fair play lads!
    You got a sale i got a nice TV.
    The good woman ain't impressed, i've being stuck to the PS3 for 2days.

Thanks again lads

Your pal and complete stalker,
    cabrwab

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

John, Kenny, Dave, Matt:

Thanks for everything. You made spending guilt-inducing amounts of money so easy.

The old cliche of "I came for the prices, but I stayed for the service" was never truer.

Special thanks to John:

RS's supplier was out of stock of my speaker brackets for ages. They got them in on a Wednesday and sent them out to me on a next-day service on the Thursday morning.

That service let them down and I hadn't received the brackets by 5pm on the Friday, so I rang the shop. Turns out I wouldn't have the brackets till Monday, meaning I couldn't mount & calibrate my speakers for another weekend.

I emailed John with what was probably a rant (sorry John :o), but I don't think I was rude. Within an hour, I got a call to say that John was driving to Belfast (he lives in Dublin!) to get me two more, and he'd drop them to my house that night.

At 10pm, he did just that. I'm embarrassed that my mail prompted John to sacrifice his Friday night, but I'm immensely grateful and impressed that he did - my system is up and running and I love it.

John, you're a remarkable customer-focussed businessman. You deserve every success. Many sincere thanks.

Mark

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Went to the shop in Belfast yesterday. It's a great wee store. Jayson looked after me well, when I was in to buy a centre speaker. I did however buying both the centre and a pair of bargain Teac "bookshelf" speakers too.

So a big thumbs up to Jayson who was very friendly and helpful.

BTW, that 37" Pioneer plasma near the window looks damn amazing. I was very tempted! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Martin_F

John - all the gear arrived early yesterday (Mon) - very good for a Fri afternoon order - all setup last night and working perfectly. Very pleased with it all. The Mrs loves the little white speakers (rather than the big ignorant black ones) - and for their size I'd say they could still annoy the neighbours. The Freesat+ box is a pleasure to use so far.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Kenny rang me at home Thursday evening (twice actually as the first time he called I was changing a nappy :o) and I placed the order for my Humax Foxsat HDR box. It was shipped Friday and arrived first thing Monday as I knew it would from previous experience with R'sounds.

Now if only the rest of our so called business community could follow the R'sounds lead when it comes to great prices and even better service, then we'd be out of this damn recession within a month with people spending their hard earned, boosting the government tax take etc. Instead our business sector whinges and moans about people like me shopping up north, while the government thinks it can boost its tax take by imposing more and more taxes on us, raising VAT etc, oh how they never learn :rolleyes:.

Rant over.

Thanks to Kenny and the rest of the R'sounds team. I'll be back for more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Well what can I say, the guys at Richer Sounds have done it again, I ordered a 37" LG LCD on friday and it was delivered yesterday morning..... even the courier company were top notch, I got a phone call yesterday morning to say they would be delivering at 10am, lo and behold they did.
    So now my recently purchased Marantz SR6003 and Monitor Audio speakers have a nice Full HD 37" LCD to match them :-)

Thanks to Dave for sorting out the TV for me and again to the rest of the gang at RS.

I can't recommend you guys highly enough !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Kao123.

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. We do try our best and it's nice to hear when your work is appreciated.

Thanks again and we hope we can be of assistance to you, or your dad in the future. :D

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭aldente

Hi, I am looking into an AV receiver for a proper listening room, and Marantz SR6003 is the one I chose to buy for its emphasis on musical production. Is it possible to order this model still?
    Thank you for your info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

aldente wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking into an AV receiver for a proper listening room, and Marantz SR6003 is the one I chose to buy for its emphasis on musical production. Is it possible to order this model still?
    Thank you for your info.

I'm also interested in the SR6003 or the new SR6004 if my budget permits.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.