Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SEI problems

• 27-03-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I’m giving a woman grinds lately, mostly in the maths side of the BER (she’s an interior designer). She had a brand new PC but DEAP wouldn’t work properly on it, it would install properly, look like it was loading up when you double clicked on it and then crash before the enter username page came up. Apparently this is a fairly common problem on some computers, i remember at least one other person having this problem on my course. She informed the crowd she did her training with (probably the biggest trainers in the country) of the problem and the emailed her on the fairly easy solution. However, she couldn’t follow the solution properly. The first day i was helping her she couldn’t find the training providers solution for me, so we rang SEI and they informed me DEAP will never work on this version of software. They asked me to type in something into the ‘run’ bar but i cant remember exactly what. It tells you the version of windows it’s running on. SEI’s helpdesk said they have received many calls about this but it’ll only work on version 3 or better. I actually rang back a while later and talked to someone else on the helpdesk and they too insisted it was never going to work.

Anyway, eventually she found the printout of the email she had received from the training provider. I followed the steps and the problem was solved. I really don’t know how the training providers could have the solution to a DEAP software problem that SEI wouldn’t.

Anyway, for anyone else who has this problem, here’s the solution,

Go to the folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.1” and select the following files to copy –
    1. System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll
    2. Sqlceme30.dll
    Copy them to the following folder – “C:\Program Files\SEI DEAP III”

That folder you’re copying the DLL files from are standard windows folders (which should be there even if DEAP was never attempted to be installed) so they should be there in 90% of PC. If they’re not there you can just copy them from a different PC to the SEI folder in the PC DEAP isn’t working on.

In summary, SEI are *******!

mossey, i understand your issues, however you cant title the thread as you have....
    SEI have uses therefore your statement is incorrect...

cheers

Syd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MB1380

Im Having the same problem as above but copying the files dident work.
    Is there any other solition for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

What version of windows are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MB1380

XP Professional SP3 ive installed it on 3 other computers with no probs, just this one?

Advertisement