Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost on the east coast

Options
  • 27-03-2009 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

hey
    this may be a stupid question but i never seem to be able to catch anything on the east coast . if any one thinks this weekend might be worth a look around Dublin ( north or South ) can you please PM me. Dont want to take any SECRET spots :eek: from anyone but any advice is appreciated.

even if you think nothing is worth a look this weekend , what conditions do ya reckon will

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

waves in dublin? You might get tiny wind swell but ground swell is impossible as the irish sea is too small. Maybe a monstrous southerly swell would get you waves. Big southerly swells are rare though. Maybe a handful of times a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gavDUB

i've headed down to Wicklow a few times on a southerly swell its never been anything amazing.
    im only asking to get out in the water really anywhere that might hold a wave, as i cant head west this weekend due to work ( and its blown out )

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

I've tried the east coast and after a while (in my opinion), you start to realise it isn't really worth it. Your miles per decent wave ratio will be a lot better if you make the drive across!

Plus, never any harm in getting away and seeing the country, better quality water too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

have you check wicklow out? i was out at sandymount on saturday and it was pretty choppy so maybe just outside wicklow town might have been working

Advertisement