Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever.......

Options
  • 27-03-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

........been in a fight, been knocked out or knocked someone out?

Fightin' 12 votes

Lover not a fighter
    0% 0 votes
    Got in one little fight ond your mom got scared
    33% 4 votes
    Russell Crowe
    25% 3 votes
    Woke up with a crowd around ya.
    8% 1 vote
    Knocked out a dude
    16% 2 votes
    Been surrounded by dudes and knocked one out :o
    16% 2 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

So I ses "rectum? I nearly fookin kilt 'em!"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I think I was knocked out for a second, as in when I hit the floor I was awake... is that possible? Rang an ambulance and it collected the guy who hit me... ha?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

does kickboxing count? If so then been in a few times. Never KO'd anyone or been KO'd. Ive a chin like a brick wall.....and kinda shaped the same. I dont have much power though :(

Havnt fought on the street in about 13/14 years (23 now).Ah schoolyard fights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Very few people will go through life without being involved in some sort of skirmish / fight but not nessacarly of their making .It can start of in the tots playground ( bullying) .Innocent people get assaulted all the time so defending themselfs will obiously mean they have to fight back .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yes, Yes, and No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

I got into a number of serious fights with some blood members whilst spending time in a new jersey psych ward.
    So I learned to fight with knives. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

No to all of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

When I was younger was in a good few fights. I never started them, and I knocked someone out once. Me and some mates where playing football, and this bloke comes over looking for a "re-match" (I had a fight with him before and beat him). I refused saying there was no point. So he just starts swinging. Caught unawares I just tackled him to the ground, at which point these "older lads" came over and broke it up. When they got us both up they then told us to continues, so they were really just following boxing rules by breaking up the hold.
    I refused to fight again, yer man called me a coward, so a decked him and he went flat out. I actually think that was the last fight I was ever in, think I was about 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

I've been out of it playing sport, clash of head or hip in the head, thats about it, never been in a fight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

It was back in 2005 and Pighead was drunk, very very drunk. So drunk he got angry and started calling people who were on boards names. They got angry, Pighead got drunker and more abusive. "Fight ya" says he. Bring it on, Pizza Hut Blanch in half an hour tough guy" says Pighead.

Arrived at Pizza Hut in the early hours and met the tough guy who in reality wasn't tough at all. he was smaller, uglier and lighter than Pighead. He never stood a chance. Fight lasted 72 seconds. Started the massacre by calling him a geek which made him cry which in turn blurred his vision. Ended it by administering a swift kick in the centre of his bollox which was more impressive than it sounded as judging by the look of him he had a tiny pair on him.

Pighead had become World Champion Internet Warrior for 2005. The belt was his. Pighead would like to say that he wasn't proud of his actions that evening but that would be a lie. Pighead was sensational.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Despite years of doing various martial arts and playing rugby not once have I got into anything close to a fight!

Maybe I'm just a sissy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I had a broken arm(fell off my bike) and hada full plaster cast.. a guy started on me out in town for no reason other than he saw an opportunity... he got me a few dingers and i charged at him and kicked his knee.. he buckled to the ground and i gave him an absolute CRACK on the head with the cast kniocked him out and left him there.. scumbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just once, but then I moved to live with my aunty in Bel-Air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I got ko'd by my own goalkeeper once. I soon learnt that if he called for the ball you got **** outta his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Knocked a cousin out with a swingball racket and broke his nose in the process, kind of caused my sister to knock herself out, never been knocked out or in a proper fight though

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Got knocked out playin hurling bout 4 years ago. Thought I was too cool for a helmet, leant down to pick up a ball and got a knee (I was later told this) to the side of the head. Next thing I know I'm starin up at a few worried lookin teammates, trainers not knowin where I was.

Safety first kids. Although it's pretty cool lookin back knowin you were dead to the world for a few seconds.

PS. Does anesthitic count? That was cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Only a couple of weeks ago, was in a bar and a guy threw a pint over me, saw red and decked him about 6/7 times, put him down and walked out of the pub.

First time I've raised a fist in about 10 years and before anyone asks I've had a bad history with this chap and never reacted, this was 10 years worth of venting.

Still pissed off I didn't make him bleed... Ah sure maybe in another 10 years :pac:

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Only a couple of weeks ago, was in a bar and a guy threw a pint over me, saw red and decked him about 6/7 times, put him down and walked out of the pub.
    Was he one of those blow-up punching things to go down and get back up 7 times :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

never been in a fight as such thank god. never knocked anyone out...

but one night on a trampoline after many beers i attempted a backflip, grabbed my knees and slammed them both into my face... woke up a few minutes later, aparently it looked great...hurt like **** afterwards though

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Been in plenty of scuffles as a kid. Never been in a fight as an adult. Never been knocked out. I did knock a guy out once by accident. I used to do Tae Kwon Do and we were practicing in formation. I managed to catch the guy beside me square in the head with one of these bad boys:

I felt really bad about it for months after. I refused to spar with him cos I thought he was going to kick my ass (he was 3 grades above me).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Just once, but then I moved to live with my aunty in Bel-Air.

Did you whistle for a cab
    and when it came near
    The licence plate said 'Fresh'
    and there were dice on the mirror

??

Did you whistle for a cab
    and when it came near
    The licence plate said 'Fresh'
    and there were dice on the mirror

??
    He thought about it but said this cab was rare
    BUt then thought forget it, yo home to belair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Was he one of those blow-up punching things to go down and get back up 7 times :confused:

http://img1.moborazzi.com/pic/post/o4kxyfFsKZc.jpg

He was ****in huge, ya shoulda seen it!

Zangetsu wrote: »
    http://img1.moborazzi.com/pic/post/o4kxyfFsKZc.jpg

He was ****in huge, ya shoulda seen it!
    WackyWavingInflatableArmFlailingTubeMan
    WackyWavingInflatableArmFlailingTubeMan!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

I got knocked out in a fight with a big black fella in africa in 1974, it hurt alot but it gave me the idea for new style frying pans ...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I've been knocked out, suffered a concussion, had my jaw slightly dislocated and had several teeth kicked in. This all happened at the same time.

Not the most pleasant of experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

I've been knocked out, suffered a concussion, had my jaw slightly dislocated and had several teeth kicked in. This all happened at the same time.

Not the most pleasant of experiences.

well at least you were knocked out for it, so whats mylene class really like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Blangis

Where's that guy who can beat up Paul O'Connell when you need him? I bet he has stories about knocking out half the known world. Maybe he's saving them all for his memoirs.

Customers who bought this item also bought

"Ultimate Hard Bastards: The Truth About the Toughest Men in the World"
    "On the Cobbles: The life of a bare knuckle Gypsy"
    "Roy Shaw Unleashed"

And mountains of other crap, the morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Yes - No - Yes.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

I broken a nose and been knocked down myself...

Advertisement