Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "vibrate" on my iPhone ain't working

Options
  • 27-03-2009 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any ideas how I can sort this?

It's broken many times in the past but has always come back. It's been broken for about a week now, the longest ever by far, is there anything I can do?

I've done the usual turning off and back on etc... but no joy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Anyone got any ideas how I can sort this?

It's broken many times in the past but has always come back. It's been broken for about a week now, the longest ever by far, is there anything I can do?

I've done the usual turning off and back on etc... but no joy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

When you say turning off and back on I assume you mean the phone, but to rule out the obvious stuff, when you go to Settings>Sounds is Vibrate turned on for both Silent and Ring?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

If you've done all the switching on & off of vibrate - and assuming you have a 3G, then you're still under warranty so just call Apple. They have unreal product support.

I called about a minor fault in mine on Monday, they collected my phone on Tuesday, and Thursday morning there was a brand new phone in a box on my desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

CivilEx wrote: »
    When you say turning off and back on I assume you mean the phone, but to rule out the obvious stuff, when you go to Settings>Sounds is Vibrate turned on for both Silent and Ring?

Yup, checked that, it ain't it but thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Dades wrote: »
    If you've done all the switching on & off of vibrate - and assuming you have a 3G, then you're still under warranty so just call Apple. They have unreal product support.

I called about a minor fault in mine on Monday, they collected my phone on Tuesday, and Thursday morning there was a brand new phone in a box on my desk.

I should have said it's a 2g, 16gig unlocked iPhone from the States so no warranty!

Thanks anyway pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Easy fix for this one!
    Take phone in one hand, hold by the top half, face up, slap the bottom of the phone into the heel of the palm of you other hand reasonably hard, the vibrate dongle thingy seems to be prone to coming loose if it get a knock. I dropped mine a few weeks ago and vibrate stopped, did this and working perfectly since then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement