Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crowne Plaza - Blanchardstown

Options
  • 27-03-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I was thinking of going there soon. Does anyone here know what the restaraunt and bar is/are like? Whats the food like? Pricey? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Had lunch in the bar there around Christmas time .... seemed ok, food good , little pricy..... down side ... Brian Lenihan sitting in reception :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The restuarant is quite nice. Having said that the first time I was there around about when it opened the bar food was great, second time a few month or so later it was not so great. Could have just been an off night but I still like the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 GhostfaceKillah

Atmosphere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

i went to 'the sanctuary bar'

they serve food there. I had a Burger and asked that they cook it medium. They will not. All burgers are overcooked.

it would be tastier if they didnt overcook it.

the fries are nice. They have Paulaner on draft.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I've been a couple of times, though not to the restaurant. The bar is nice, staff are friendly, but it is expensive so be preapred. Restaurant is good by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Barname wrote: »
    I had a Burger and asked that they cook it medium. They will not. All burgers are overcooked.

Burgers by all account should be cooked well done unless made from minced steak prepared on the premises. Usually gound mince is exposed to bacteria alot easier than say a steak so therefore it should be cooked well done to eliminate e-coli for example.

Jip wrote: »
    Burgers by all account should be cooked well done unless made from minced steak prepared on the premises. Usually gound mince is exposed to bacteria alot easier than say a steak so therefore it should be cooked well done to eliminate e-coli for example.

if i wanted rubber beef i would head to a gook joint

If i specifically request medium, thats my call.

i dont care for a fortune 500's dictat re ground beef and 5 minutes in an industrial microwave so as to avoid lawsuits

try good suppliers and good hygene, it tastes better

yum yum

(staff there are v pleasant and Paulaner on tap is tasty)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

if i wanted rubber beef i would head to a gook joint

One more racial slur like that in this forum and you'll find yourself banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

My one an only visit earlier this year to have bar food there was a disaster. Out of the four of us none of our meals were anyway what I would call up to scratch.

I had a Burger, which was devoide of any flavour grossly over pricedand and as for the so called Salsa it came with. You'd buy better of the shelf of your local supermarket. Meal handed back!

Second person ordered a Beef Wrap,in which the Beef was as tough as shoe leather and flovourless. Meal also handed back!

Another one of our group ordered a Ceasar Salad. Now you might ask what could go wrong with a Ceasar Salad? The food was so cold the Ice-Berg Lettice had real ice in it. Meal handed back!

The forth member of our group had a Nasai Gorang and again it was devoide of flavour. Meal left unfinished.

Now in fairness the setting is really nice, the staff could not have been more attentive and could not have responded better. We did not pay for our meals and they did included a round of drinks on the house. As we we're going to the pictures we declined an offer of further food

However I did leave my telephone number expecting the customer services manager to follow up. But to date I have not received any contact, does not inspire much confidence.

Zaph wrote: »
    One more racial slur like that in this forum and you'll find yourself banned.

what does that mean? what are you implying I said?

• Advertisement

Gook is a racial slur used to describe Asians.

Zaph wrote: »
    Gook is a racial slur used to describe Asians.

WTF???????

Thats a typo man!

should read gooD joint

jeez, ease up on the Asians

WTF???????

Thats a typo man!

should read gooD joint

jeez, ease up on the Asians

And why would a good joint serve rubber beef? I remain unconvinced, however I'm not going to debate the matter other than to say that derogatory racial remarks from anybody in this forum will not be tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I went for the carvary one weekday. I thought it looked like they'd just gotten a load of frozen veg and stacked them up. The meat was very tough as well. I wasn't very impressed.

Another evening I went there with some folks for a few pints. We got a platter for 3. To call it a platter was a vast exhageration in my opinion and it was barely enough for one person - even as a stack with a few pints. The Bell know how to make a good platter.

Random wrote: »
    I went for the carvary one weekday. I thought it looked like they'd just gotten a load of frozen veg and stacked them up. The meat was very tough as well. I wasn't very impressed.

Another evening I went there with some folks for a few pints. We got a platter for 3. To call it a platter was a vast exhageration in my opinion and it was barely enough for one person - even as a stack with a few pints. The Bell know how to make a good platter.

Random, is The Bell good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The beer in The Bell sometimes tastes like muck. Mostly is grand though and it's a relatvely decent place. They have a tendancy to have loud loud music in the bar some Friday and Saturday nights though .. if that happens when you call in pop down to the Twelth Lock which is nice too (can sometimes be full though .. small enough place ..).

The platter in the bell is shockingly good. It's about 30EUR or something but it's like a 16in plate or something full of random bits and will easily keep 3 or 4 of you happy with a few pints :)

Recently I'm liking The Carpenter a lot though. I've only been there twice (both in the last month) and both times I've found it friendly, relaxing and the lounge boys / girls always show up when you need a pint. Not tried any food there .. but the King Pub Crisps are recommended! !

King Pub Crisps - rarer than Hens teeth

Best Crisp on the Planet

Advertisement