Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody in IADT able to help me with this question-english, media and cultural study

Options
  • 27-03-2009 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

im so confused, i need to answer this question for monday and have no clue.

the question is

choose a selection of images and write a critcal anaylsis of the ways in which those images reflect the consumption and production.

i have no idea wtf i have to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

The consumption and production of what? The sentence doesn't make any sense.

Have you contacted any of your colleagues and seeing what they're doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Riveam

Advertisements tend to be the easiest to use for this assignment as you are already aware that they have a specific and tangible purpose. Look at how at the relationship between the consumer (ie: the reader, or viewer) and the image and the purposes of the producer of the image ( what are they trying to say to you or convince you of?). Then look at the answers you get, what do you think they say about society?

This is one of those questions that seems more confusing and hard than it actually is.

Also a tip: Get a few references and citations into your essay from some of the useful books in the library; 'Ways of seeing' by John Berger for example, look at your reading list.

Don't stress too much!! I'm guessing you're in 1st year and this is for Tom? It'll be cool, just start writing and planning and it'll come. Relax!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 herthafan

*Honey* wrote: »
    The consumption and production of what? The sentence doesn't make any sense.

Have you contacted any of your colleagues and seeing what they're doing?

eh wtf

the question states:
    Choose a selection of images and write a critical anaylisis of the ways in which those images reflect their consumption and productions.

It then says:
    close reading of one image

I have to analyse the images from a
    Cultural, Social, Economic, Political context.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

herthafan wrote: »
    eh wtf

Kinda rude. Only trying to help y'know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Both the OP acontadino and herthafan would appear to be banned now, so I think we can presume this thread deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Indeedy-doody.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement