Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any GPS Software for Nokia 6220 Classic?

• 27-03-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi, I just bought a 6220 there yesterday, great phone, however I was wondering is there any GPS software I can buy for it, that uses Internal GPS?
    I had an N95 with Garmin on it, worked perfect, but before I buy it again, does anyone know if it works with the 6220, and if not, does anyone know any GPS software I can get(apart from Nokia's one software, I hate it!)
    Thanks in advance
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

pjjk wrote: »
    Hi, I just bought a 6220 there yesterday, great phone, however I was wondering is there any GPS software I can buy for it, that uses Internal GPS?
    I had an N95 with Garmin on it, worked perfect, but before I buy it again, does anyone know if it works with the 6220, and if not, does anyone know any GPS software I can get(apart from Nokia's one software, I hate it!)
    Thanks in advance
    Patrick

It appears that Garmin Mobile XT v5.0 now supports the Nokia 6220 Classic and N78.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭pjjk

Thanks for finding that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

pjjk wrote: »
    Thanks for finding that!

No problem. I also found a video of it in use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's also the inbuilt one (I'm assuming you know about it, but just in case!).

Google Maps will work too - not as good as a dedicated GPS though but handy if you want a quick fix :)

Advertisement