Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Korg Kaossilator

• 27-03-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Just picked up one of these yesterday. Any one else got one?
    Great little toy for messing about with, not a bad price either. You can make some really cool loops with it and the sounds are fairly decent.

KAOSSILATOR_oblique.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah ive been wanting one for a while just dont have the money. It has some nice synth sounds. Zabiela used one at his gig in Tripod a while back.

Enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I will do!

Can't wait to hook it up to my system later, got it too late last night so had to use headphones.

Might even put up some of my creations. Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

I had one for a while, they are great fun as a toy, but its really no more than just a toy. The sounds started to get repetitive after a few months...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So what does it do and when would you use it?

During a DJ set - or for making tracks...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Zascar wrote: »
    So what does it do and when would you use it?

During a DJ set - or for making tracks...?

Wouldnt use it making tracks really, the sounds are pretty cheesey.

You could use the efx sounds on it in a dj set, the other sounds sound a bit out of place i thought....

Its basically a fun compact groovebox than can record an 8 step loop (or a 16 step loop in a secret mode), loops cant be saved or anything, and since its portable you can make beats on the go, but it runs on aa batteries which is a bitch and there is no quanitisation of notes either.

This is about the best thing ive seen someone come out with on one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Holy sh!t - have to hand it to him that is very impressive - but i would not have the patience to make something like that lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah pretty much what Steve said, it's just a toy but a nice toy at that. Mind you if it was out 20 years ago.....

Main down sides are the unability to save the /loopsmixes and the way it doesn't quantizize so you really need to use one of the patterns to start off with but there's tonnes of variations.

Separate banks for each of the samples would be cool but I suppose that would take away from the point of it and it would probably run down the batteries quicker, although it does work off the mains.

There's 40 Arppregiator patterns too so there's plenty of variation there.

That video is quite impressive and funnily enough I was using that lead sound to jam just like he was.

I certainly see how it's limited and it'll probably get old fast but so far so good.

Advertisement