Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Bark Mulch in bulk

Options
  • 27-03-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

anyone know where can I buy bark mulch in bulk in Galway ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

amen wrote: »
    What part of galway county you in? ( I see you're mod for Athenry forum, guess that answers that)

I know of a guy near Ferbane in Offaly, if that's any use, be about 40minutes from Ballinasloe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 greenfingers

Did you tyr Nu Life Wood Chip Mulch in Tynagh? They used to sell it and in different colours too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 emwem

mcgaghs garden centre on headford rd does it, cheap enough as far as i remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Coillte in Corr Na Mona used to sell it in bulk, Used to be around €600 for a 20m3 load I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

amen wrote: »

below are my finding in relation to this for galway.... fairly pricey but worth it i guess..:cool:

mcgaughs, headford road - €25 a scoop which is 6 bags roughly - no delivery
    cnm.ie - 10m3 load €390 delivery included, €680 for full load
    horkans garden centre, claregalway - 3m3 bags €199 - no delivery
    nulifemulch.com- €35/m3 €270 for 6m3 including delivery to oranmore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 devais

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I did'nt want to start up a similar thread :rolleyes:

Anyone know where we could buy bark mulch in bulk in the Longford/Westmeath area? - or Leitrim/Roscommon within reason...

Thanks in advance for any replies guys:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 devais

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Kiniska

Hi McHammer,

I'm in Galway and looking for mulch too, who did you go with and were you happy??

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

I got a huge silage trailer of bark mulch from Farrelly Brothers in Carnaross last Christmas for only E200. It's a bit rough, some big bits in it, but great value. Told the husband I'd have it spread by the end of June ... still a huge lump of it to get rid of - digging out new beds just to have somewhere to spread it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Kiniska

Hi Tigerboon,

Thanks for that, but do they deliver to Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Hiya, sorry was on hols. Em, quick answer is I don't know, can't imagine they'd drive a silage trailer down there but maybe they have trucks, sure look them up in directory enquiries and ask? It's Farrelly Brothers Agriculture Contractors in Carnaross, Co. Meath.

Good Luck!

Advertisement