Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Needed?

Options
  • 27-03-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think is needed in the local area?

In leixlip I think there is nothing to do but go to the pub and resteraunt.

I think it would be good to have a pool club set up although there was one years ago and was closed down wasn't it. Rumour says people were dealing drugs in there on the main street.

Anyways any ideas what you guys think is missing from your community?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

A recreational place ie Blanchardstown Shopping center. Or cinemas or something. Not just slapping tescos everywhere.

A proper gym that dosent cost the earth.

Swimming pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Isn't there supposed to be a cinema going in in Celbridge at the Interchange roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

They should make Leixlip like a Irish Amsterdam. I work there and think its the most boring village i have ever been in fairness. It would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

a cinema would be great but think we're too close to liffey valley.a nice big public park like marlay park,bushy park would be good with pitches,tennis courts all provided for free.some decent shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Less blow-ins complaining about our town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Pubs are great, just more public places like tennis courts, parks, etc......open up Leixlip Castle to the public during the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Well you have leixlip amenities but you guys are right need public ones so you can just walk in and have a game of tennis, basketball or whatever. Governments around the world supply these facilities for their people. In Ireland we are made pay for these. Everything is private over here :mad:

The only thing you can do for free is go for a walk, how lovely :(

It's funny how they go on and on about an adult needs to be getting 30min exercise per day, put you will have to pay for this unless you wana go for a run.

Meh, any other idea's?

Varkov wrote: »
    Less blow-ins complaining about our town.

Do that many people complain about your town?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

they got that skatepark yet?

ill just assume the swimmingpool hasn't happened...

the library is pretty good, do they still do all different workshops and stuff there? did an awesome course of songwriting ones a while back.

though i'd love to see things like lights and bins in the cornfield st catherine's park.

isn't the skate park up in Blanch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

A bus service - private or public - that links Naas and Celbridge or Maynooth. All bus and train services link into Dublin but there are very few bus routes that service larger towns in North Kildare.

supposed to have been one in leixlip, in the cornfield, but whatever. the longer im away from there, the less i miss it. -.-

I don't bother going to time nightclub as it costs fortune to get there in taxi. There is a bus service from Maynooth that goes to Naas though but nothing from Leixlip
    A bus service - private or public - that links Naas and Celbridge or Maynooth. All bus and train services link into Dublin but there are very few bus routes that service larger towns in North Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

A complete revamp of the council.
    Just get rid of everyone on it and bring in some fresh blood. People who are willing to allow some change and won't go into floods of tears if someone knocks down a 50 year old wall that their father built.

A proper car park on the Captain's hill. Proposed, but apparently it will spoil the view for six people in Riverdale, so that's out the window.

There are acres of fields in Collinstown and Kellystown which are just sitting there waiting for someone to build a decent shopping centre, swimming pool, cinema etc, but that will be knocked back by the current council.

Everything is centred around the valley areas. There needs to be expansion outside these areas. To hell with historic monuments that no tourists ever see anyway.
    How long are we supposed to keep these things?

If they didn't build the shopping centre during the "Good Times" I doubt they will now.
    I can kind of see the sentimental thing with not wanting to know the wall down etc etc. It's like a new era and some people will feel disconnected from their community if things are removed that reminded them of it.

So I say keep the bloody wall but get rid of the field :pac:
    Terry wrote: »
    Just get rid of everyone on it and bring in some fresh blood. People who are willing to allow some change and won't go into floods of tears if someone knocks down a 50 year old wall that their father built.

A proper car park on the Captain's hill. Proposed, but apparently it will spoil the view for six people in Riverdale, so that's out the window.

There are acres of fields in Collinstown and Kellystown which are just sitting there waiting for someone to build a decent shopping centre, swimming pool, cinema etc, but that will be knocked back by the current council.

Everything is centred around the valley areas. There needs to be expansion outside these areas. To hell with historic monuments that no tourists ever see anyway.
    How long are we supposed to keep these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    I don't bother going to time nightclub as it costs fortune to get there in taxi. There is a bus service from Maynooth that goes to Naas though but nothing from Leixlip

I meant a bus during the daytime, for work, students, anything. Some sort of linked up, bus route that circles the outer dublin sprawl.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

df1985 wrote: »
    a cinema would be great but think we're too close to liffey valley.a nice big public park like marlay park,bushy park would be good with pitches,tennis courts all provided for free.some decent shops.
    A park would be fantastic. to cater for everyone, the walkers, joggers, kids etc. would be well worth the investment imo.
    isn't the skate park up in Blanch?
    There is one in Blanch and is very well maintained alongside the childrens playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A 24 hour clockface bus service to get the hell out of this place at times other than those mandated by Dublin Bus.

I can dream, can't I...

ChewChew wrote: »
    There is one in Blanch and is very well maintained alongside the childrens playground.

problem being, no buses to blanch,a nd i'd imagine a lot of the peeps wanting to use teh skateparks being the ones who rely on the bus service.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Trinny. wrote: »
    Just get rid of everyone on it and bring in some fresh blood
    . People who are willing to allow some change and won't go into floods of tears if someone knocks down a 50 year old wall that their father built.

Local Elections for Leixlip and Kildare county Council is on the 5 June 2009.

Why dont you run?

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    A 24 hour clockface bus service to get the hell out of this place at times other than those mandated by Dublin Bus.

I can dream, can't I...

We all can. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Clane was ment to get a childrens playground,but I cant see that happening now,they have been talking about it for two years.Why does it take so long to get these things up and running.

holly1 wrote: »
    Clane was ment to get a childrens playground,but I cant see that happening now,they have been talking about it for two years.Why does it take so long to get these things up and running.

Lots of things slow down the process.

Maybe a grumpy man doesn't want the playground beside him so he objects to it.

Maybe they have the go ahead after killing the grumpy old man and now they don't have the funds to go through with it (spent it all on that hitman) :D

Lots of things slow down the process.

Maybe a grumpy man doesn't want the playground beside him so he objects to it.

Maybe they have the go ahead after killing the grumpy old man and now they don't have the funds to go through with it (spent it all on that hitman) :D
    :D:D:D
    Very likely!!!!

"Assumption is the mother of all **** ups" - Under Siege.

Pretty cool though if the County Council had there own special forces. Could call it...Swift justice

Speaking of the Co Council,they dident spare any money on that monstrosity they built for themselvs,did they???

Which one?

hey, is that police station in leixlip up and running yet, with actual staff in it?

Which one?
    The County Council building,up beside The Ospray Hotel.

• Advertisement

In Naas,sorry!

Advertisement