Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting Meteor by email

• 27-03-2009 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some feedback on people's experience with contacting Meteor by email.

On two occasions I've sent queries to Meteor via the contact form on the website. I've never had a response. On the first issue I gave them a call and I'll give them a call over the weekend about my latest query.

Why do they bother offering this service if they don't bother answering??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

i only contact them by email when i have queries .....

to be honest i havent had much problems , only once or twice i did not get a reply but i sent them back the email saying i was still waiting for a response and i got an email back the following day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Not sure about the contact form but i've always got a reply within 2 days when i emailed them at info@meteor.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

paul.irl wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking for some feedback on people's experience with contacting Meteor by email.

On two occasions I've sent queries to Meteor via the contact form on the website. I've never had a response. On the first issue I gave them a call and I'll give them a call over the weekend about my latest query.

Why do they bother offering this service if they don't bother answering??

Have done it a few times, works fine and I got pretty good answers. Just have to give them a few days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've always used info@meteor.ie. Generally I get a response next day. Sometimes one or 2 querys have been (apparently) ignored / lost in the system somewhere.

I've found some of the replys to be lacking in information but once you use specific wording and try to get yes / no answers from them I've found it to be pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Random wrote: »
    I've always used info@meteor.ie. Generally I get a response next day. Sometimes one or 2 querys have been (apparently) ignored / lost in the system somewhere.

I've found some of the replys to be lacking in information but once you use specific wording and try to get yes / no answers from them I've found it to be pretty good.

It is a shame you have to structure your sentences accordingly when contacting a support channel in order to garner the answers you require. I guess expecting them to use common sense is too much to ask for. :rolleyes:

Rsaeire wrote: »
    It is a shame you have to structure your sentences accordingly when contacting a support channel in order to garner the answers you require. I guess expecting them to use common sense is too much to ask for. :rolleyes:
    I guess from their point of view (I'm assuming..) they have so many emails ot get through that they have to answer them in x amount of time.

Obviously it's increasing their workload in the long run though if I have to email back 2 or 3 times to get clarification.

I've actually started to number my questions to them asking them to address each one individually as required. They sometimes tend to skip the ackward ones otherwise. Same with most companys though unfortunitly.

I guess from their point of view (I'm assuming..) they have so many emails ot get through that they have to answer them in x amount of time.

Obviously it's increasing their workload in the long run though if I have to email back 2 or 3 times to get clarification.

I've actually started to number my questions to them asking them to address each one individually as required. They sometimes tend to skip the ackward ones otherwise. Same with most companys though unfortunitly.

Numbering your questions? haha Sorry, but the fact that you have been forced to do that due to Meteor's incompetence is hilarious and unsettling at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Holy god, are people so busy they can't pick up the phone and call people anymore? Seriously ring Meteor.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Numbering your questions? haha Sorry, but the fact that you have been forced to do that due to Meteor's incompetence is hilarious and unsettling at the same time.
    Just to be clear .. not just Meteor. O2, Vodafone, Imagine, Eircom, etc too. I've just found it more efficient in the long run.

• Advertisement

stepbar wrote: »
    Holy god, are people so busy they can't pick up the phone and call people anymore? Seriously ring Meteor.
    Most of the times my questions require a response in writing.

e.g. how much will x cost me? Is x covered under y?

If I don't have it in writing when I get the wrong answer I'll have no comeback.

Just to be clear .. not just Meteor. O2, Vodafone, Imagine, Eircom, etc too. I've just found it more efficient in the long run.

No doubt. It seems to be a common problem within this country when it comes to customer service and support, and not just from mobile networks, from practically every company.

Advertisement