Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Object In The Sky

• 27-03-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

I was dropping someone home last night around the Gaelscoil area. It was about 3am and we were just having a chat in the car when i saw a light moving across the sky. It started from over the Athy area and moved across Pollerton and then over the John Sweeny are and then seemed to be heading towards Bunclody. When i saw it first it was a triangular shape and dark orange in colour. It was moving at a good fast pace and there was no noise or flashing lights coming from it. As it moved out over the John Sweeny area it picked up speed and then was out of sight. The only thing i can definately say is that it was not a plane or a helicopter. I'm not easily spooked but this had the hairs standing on the back of my neck and i was a little bit freaked out. There were three of us there who saw this and we were speechless. As it was getting further away it seemed to be oval in shape but kept the same dark orange colour. I am a pesimist at the best of times but this was something strange. I didnt have my camera with me unfortunately so i never got any pics.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sounds like a shooting star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I thought the same thing but it was was to close to the ground to be a shooting star. Just heard from a friend of mine who saw something rise up from the mountain a shoot off at high speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I remember seeing something very similar to this years ago (12 or so years perhaps)

It was clearly a triangular airbourne object but with no wingtip or belly lights, also orange in colour. It moved across the sky at an incredible pace, catching and passing what appeared to be a comercial jet in seconds.

The only noise I could hear was the comercial jet.

Me thinks its a Black Project. "The Aurora Pulse Jet" that many people have been supposedly seeing over the years is triangular in shape and is apparently the new Blackbird or equivalent.

Also the ISS is in view in the night sky at the moment but that resembles a coloured bright star more than anything else.

Most pilots' claims of UFO sightings are in fact CEO (close earth orbit) satelites so this can't be dismissed either, although I'm not sure if they are visible from the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

super-rush wrote: »
    I thought the same thing but it was was to close to the ground to be a shooting star. Just heard from a friend of mine who saw something rise up from the mountain a shoot off at high speed.

Im confused. How close to the ground is too close? An how are you definite it wasnt a helicopter or plane?

If it was in the sky I'd assume it would have been a distance away which means it couldnt be too close to the ground (taking in perspective) and that you cant be sure it wasnt a plane or helicopter or indeed shooting star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

• Advertisement

from the first time i saw it until it disappeared it seemed to be rising all the time. It was close enough for me know it was flying lower than any commercial plane would have been. There was no noise to be heard anywhere in the area so thats how i can be so sure it wasn't a plane or helicopter. There were two other people with me at the time and we all agreed it was most definately not a plane or helicopter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I was dropping someone home last night around the Gaelscoil area. It was about 3am and we were just having a chat in the car when i saw a light moving across the sky. It started from over the Athy area and moved across Pollerton and then over the John Sweeny are and then seemed to be heading towards Bunclody. When i saw it first it was a triangular shape and dark orange in colour. It was moving at a good fast pace and there was no noise or flashing lights coming from it. As it moved out over the John Sweeny area it picked up speed and then was out of sight. The only thing i can definately say is that it was not a plane or a helicopter. I'm not easily spooked but this had the hairs standing on the back of my neck and i was a little bit freaked out. There were three of us there who saw this and we were speechless. As it was getting further away it seemed to be oval in shape but kept the same dark orange colour. I am a pesimist at the best of times but this was something strange. I didnt have my camera with me unfortunately so i never got any pics.

Not a bad idea there by whatever it was!! Must have some local knowledge anyway!

:pac::pac: imagine the speeds it travelled over Myshall or Bunclody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Stevecw wrote: »
    Not a bad idea there by whatever it was!! Must have some local knowledge anyway!

That's bloody classic.

Anyway, I've seen a fair few things like that in the sky too, never really mention them though cos people just think you're insane :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Its 3am, outside the Gaelscoil, you know what time it is.....its business time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Its 3am, outside the Gaelscoil, you know what time it is.....its business time!

only if you're wearing ... Business..... Business Socks!!!

OP, which mountain did something rise up out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

....then over the John Sweeny are and then seemed to be heading towards Bunclody. When .....
    maybe it was heading towards the beach?

i'd put it to a CEO sats. or you'd been drinking too much

would also not rule this out:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

aynon wrote: »

fixed.

edit: and then find out embedding is disabled..lol

swoop, sorry bout that

Someone would have to be following it along in a car, because the distance it travelled would have taken it completely out of range of a static controller

i'd put it to a CEO sats. or you'd been drinking too much

Wasn't drinking, i was driving remember.
    OP, which mountain did something rise up out of?

Between the two mountains when you would be looking at the transmitter in the Myshall area.

Someone would have to be following it along in a car, because the distance it travelled would have taken it completely out of range of a static controller

Wasn't drinking, i was driving remember.
    first, whats stopping them from followin it if it was?

and the second point, i dont know how reliable you are, you could drink and drive, nothing stopping you.

first, whats stopping them from followin it if it was?

If that was the case then fair play have the skill to pull it off
    and the second point, i dont know how reliable you are, you could drink and drive, nothing stopping you.

Nothing apart from my ability to be able to avoid doing something only a moron would do.....i am reliable.........in a controlled environment

If that was the case then fair play have the skill to pull it off

Nothing apart from my ability to be able to avoid doing something only a moron would do.....i am reliable.........in a controlled environment
    back to the first point. one driver and passenger is pilot, did it the whole time down in kilkenny airport.

secondly, not attacking you personally, just nothing stops any human from drinking and driving, dont know you personally, so it isn't beyond the realms of possibilities

I tried to fly a radio controlled plane before and wrecked it within minutes so i would be very impressed with someone who could follow it in a car and maintain a smooth flight. You're right its not beyond the realms of possibility to drink and drive and it happens a lot more than people realise, and a lot more people get away with it that people could ever imagine, i see it happen week in and week out.

• Advertisement

I tried to fly a radio controlled plane before and wrecked it within minutes so i would be very impressed with someone who could follow it in a car and maintain a smooth flight. You're right its not beyond the realms of possibility to drink and drive and it happens a lot more than people realise, and a lot more people get away with it that people could ever imagine, i see it happen week in and week out.
    is the truth.

Advertisement