Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best ever signing and why?

Options
  • 27-03-2009 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

can be any management sim.

mine would have to be that man, the one and only...kevin doyle:pac:

oh god for my hertha berlin team he was amazing, in 14 games he scored 17 goals to to send hertha to the champions league :D it was such a great moment because i had started an irish revolution, and wanted to see us do well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i signed kevin doyle for man united, mainly due to me being a cork city fan (i signed other city players too, just for a laugh)

played him in the league cup, fa cup and meaningless european group games and he did very well, scored goals, he didnt really get a chance in the prem because wayne rooney and berbatov were scoring goals

but he's an excellent player in the game alright.

my best signing was tim cahill. in my second year in charge of united he cemented his place in the team, and he's now second top scorer behind wayne rooney. i play anderson next to him and they work very well together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

i also signed joe gamble:)..but he never really broke into the squad. i think the level was just a bit of a step up, but i sold him to lille and he's done very well there.

i also signed brian murphy, top keeper, i didn't want to drop drobny but well it had to be done.

on doyle hes an excellent striker. i think the game actually reflects his real life qualities, altho his international record is a bit insane in the game. i'd always buy him for most teams except like the cheslea, barcelona, ac milan types

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

acontadino wrote: »
    i also signed joe gamble:)..but he never really broke into the squad.

I guess that's one gamble that didn't pay off *gets coat*

Also, the best signing I ever had was Carlos Tevez in every game I ever had before he moved from Boca to WHU.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Miguel Veloso, every time.
    Quality DM and a sweet free kick taker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev9652

bojan on a free of barca for man city scored 30 goals including 5 in one game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

freddy william thompson

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kennedy Bakirciouglu when he was at Hammarby.

Also Kim Kallstrom for about 30k when he was at Hacken and Freddy Adu as a 13 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Icelandic guy Sigporsson was a legend. Kennedy from Hammarby and Pawel Brozek from Wisla also did me proud.
    And i suppose everybody's heard the Cherno Samba story..
    Egyptian Said from Al-Ahly, Isaac Okoronkwo from Shaktar for defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

For me, it was a guy called Gurt Dardenne, a German striker, it was back in the mid 90's can't remember which one it was. But I was about 10 seasons in and the computer had to start making up players and he was just immense, I think he scored over 50 goals for 2 or 3 seasons in a row until the computer crashed and I lost the game, I was heart broken at the time... :(

Also, Kennedy and Sipporsson were class. I also used to love Luciano Galletti in whatever year Riquelme was a young lad and a savage buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

2 strikers for me,

I cant remember the years but:

Fausto Rossini

and

Anatoli Todorov

both goal machines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

championship manager 3 was all about sigporson keane when at wolves and gallardo from river plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭mcw92

Cehc this out.
    bought him on a buy out clause the the board interviened in jan!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Giuseppe Rossi is my FM08 god. Brought him to Everton in my third season and he scored 47 goals in his first season, 42 in his 2nd, 39 in his 3rd and 4th and got an unreal amount of assists and then my game crashed. He singlehandedly won me the league in his first season, 31 goals in the prem and he didn't take the penalties :eek:!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

Paid 60 million for bojan but the he scored 47 goals in his first season or maybe igor akinfeev for 20 million and he has won goalkeeper of the year 4 years running . :):D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Would love to say David Villa in FM08 but Avram Grant bought him in and I took over 2 days later. Absloute beast.
    Best signing was probably Kevin Doyle to Chelsea, god on the game in the AM position behind David Villa and whoever or up beside Villa awesomness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Franco Zuculini in FM09 bought for £400k and is now worth 17m 3 seasons later. Ba was a good signing as well.

In FM 08 I got Alexis Sanchez and he scored something like 25 league goals and got around 10 assists in his first season and looked great but then got 2nd season syndrome :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Champ 4 had some great ones like Freddy Adu, Ivan Hurtado, Lasha Chelidze and a 34 Yugoslavin DM (can't remember his name).

In FM07, Andrés Guardado, Éver Guzman, Guillhermo Ochoa, César Lindado, Charles-André Doudin, Marek Suchy and the two Montpellier keepers were all great signings.

My all-time best was Oumar Tchomogo on CM4. He was at Valenciennes at the start but signing him for any French Second Division team saw him get about 20 goals a season. He'd also make the step up and get plenty of goals the next season as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cmackk

Without doubt Cherno Samba for my Roma team. On the 01-02 version of Championship Manager (i think). Its too long ago to remember any actual stats, but he tore apart any defence infront of him. Nothing like training a player into a world beater.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

cmackk wrote: »
    Without doubt Cherno Samba for my Roma team. On the 01-02 version of Championship Manager (i think). Its too long ago to remember any actual stats, but he tore apart any defence infront of him. Nothing like training a player into a world beater.

Forgot about cherno, he was some player alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I remember getting Kaka for half nothing before in one of the older games when he was still labelled as a wonderkid, CM4 maybe. something like £5mil, he became a damn good right winger back in those days. always had to pay around 17 in any game after that for some reason...

Kim Kallstrom was always me favourite though. 400-800k and he'd be worth near 10mil by the end of the first season.

more recently, i bought a young german CB regen before when playing as Chelsea or someone stupid like that in FM08 (Muller i think he was called). he was 15 yrs old when i bought him, and fairly expensive for someone that young, maybe 1.5mil. but three seasons later, when he was 18 he was sold for 37 million to Roma!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

couldn't beat lulinha in last years game!

for money reasons s.hypia for 1.5 million when i was with lyon player of the year however he has just 1 great season in him. He played 40+ games when i was liverpool and won the title. I guess i have a soft spot for him.

s.srna = assist machine! when i played friend over network I think he made the difference when i beat him for the league because it was so close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

tjianni babangida.

46 assists for my cardiff team with ivan hurtado and robbie earnshaw...we picked up kallstrom and some unbelievable brazilian lad (cant remember name) on our way from 2nd division to prem and champions league!!

it was the first CM with the 2d pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

D'Alessandro in cm4...a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I would say Saivet except he cost £65m so that rules him out as far as I'm concerned.

I'm playing with Reading and have an incredible scouting network so I've picked up a tonne of excellent players for little or nothing. In work at the moment, but will edit later with some stats.

Juan Pablo Carrizo GK
    Antonio Marcos RB
    Marcelo LB
    Williamis CF

would be 4 of the best

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Iago wrote: »
    Marcelo LB

The one from Real?
    Bought him in 08 and he kept Clichy out of the team

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

Rudy Haddad in the 00/01 game i think....Unreal and only 16....40 goals plus....he once scored 60 goals in one season.

Youseff Hersi from the same game...unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

i managed to get paulo wanchope to kildare county on a free transfer a few years ago (01/02 maybe), and he scored 145 in 48 games! i'm sure i've photographic evidence somewhere, leave it with me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Stats added
    Iago wrote: »
    I would say Saivet except he cost £65m so that rules him out as far as I'm concerned.

I'm playing with Reading and have an incredible scouting network so I've picked up a tonne of excellent players for little or nothing. In work at the moment, but will edit later with some stats.

Juan Pablo Carrizo GK Cost FREE

Avg Rating of 7.15 over 4 seasons

Antonio Marcos RB Cost FREE

Avg Rating of 7.37 over 4 seasons (21 league goals, 20 league assists & 11 MOM in the league)

Marcelo RW Cost £170k

Avg Rating of 7.12 over 4 seasons ( 9 league goals, 27 league assists & 4 MOM in the league)

Williamis CF Cost £12.5m

Avg Rating of 7.16 over 4 seasons (39 league goals, 14 assists & 7 MOM in the league)

would be 4 of the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

i managed to get paulo wanchope to kildare county on a free transfer a few years ago (01/02 maybe), and he scored 145 in 48 games! i'm sure i've photographic evidence somewhere, leave it with me!!

I don't believe that was done without using some form of cheating, not for a minute, thats an average of a hattrick a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

DSB wrote: »
    I don't believe that was done without using some form of cheating, not for a minute, thats an average of a hattrick a game.

Did you ever see the guy with kerrison on fm09? He averaged a hundred goals a season with proof:mad:

Pisses me that i cant get near 50 even

Advertisement