Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best ever signing and why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

DSB wrote: »
    I don't believe that was done without using some form of cheating, not for a minute, thats an average of a hattrick a game.

i swear no cheating at all!! it was amazing but what you've got to remember is that he was playing in the league of ireland! he scored 5 in quite a few if i remember correctly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

I could believe that! The league of Ireland is crap, once you sign one amazing player you'll dominate it for years to come, I signed an amazing striker in fm 07, Steve McGlinchey for free, then he got me like either 53 or 54 goals a season! We also went on to win the champions league back when ultra defensive actually worked as a tactic, two CB's with great heading and a striker with great speed for the counter attack and nobody can beat you! Trust me! Not even Barcelona! I've gone 7 seasons and haven't been beaten once, in Ireland! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Got 2.

Shaun Holmes on a free transfer for my Hyde United side. Helped get me promoted from Blue Square North to BSP, top winger for these divisions, last season he had 14 goals and something like 24 assists from LM.

Gabriele ippoliti for Potenza, what a bargain he was. Bought him for 10k when i took over at potenza after they were relegated to the bottom division in Italy. Has been my player of the year for the past 3 seasons with back to back promotions to Serie B....AC Milan wan't him and he want's to move to a bigger club :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Frisbee wrote: »
    Miguel Veloso, every time.
    Quality DM and a sweet free kick taker

Lol it doesn't matter what forum you're in - if Frisbee's around the mentioning of the name "Veloso" won't be too far away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Adu, Mido and Yobo were all great signings in 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Guardado

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

I managed to get Noel Hunt on a free transfer to Cork City in FM08. Scored 47 in his first season including 4 against Shamrock Rovers and a hatrick in the last 15 minutes away to Sporting Lisbon which got us out of the CL group stages. My team was mainly made up of U-21 fellas who hadn't made it over in England. At 1 stage I had 7 Irish U-21's, 4 Ireland U-18, 3 Ireland Full Internationals (Hunt, Colin Healy and Damian Delaney) and 4 English U-21's. I also bought this Keeper from some non league English side who conceeded 9 in his first season. I can't play this anymore because I had to reboot the laptop and FM won't install properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Con.

Julius Aghahowa. Way back when they ( i'm sure) had the wrong spelling of his name. 01/02 or 03/04 i'd say, not sure.
    Just remeber going on and on about him to people for years! He was my second best player ever but he was my best actual Signing ever for sure. Throw him out wide and he would just rake in the goals and assists.
    Ah teh memories :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Tonton Zola Moukouko- the greatest player in Championship Manager- where ever did he go?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

My best signing was while playing football manager 2006. I signed Keith Fahey from Drogheda for 16,000 while playing as Peterborough. He was my best player and top-scorer for the next three or four seasons while playing from midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

I signed a lad called David Williams from Bronby. He's an australian. took me AGES to get him a visa. Around 3/4 seasons but well worth the wait even though his price tag tripled :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Signed Karston Baron in Italia 95 for Sampdoria. the man was a goal machine.

Closest to him was Cavenaghi in 04 or 05 I think...Cavenaghi passes it into the net. He shows you don't have to blast it. 50 a season was a poor season for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Use to always buy Riquelme when he was young and back in Argentina, then I'd build my team around him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Had a few.Probably my best was Lauri Dalla Valle for Halifax in FM08.Gt him on a free,he's 15 at the start,he single handedly got me to the Premiership in like 8 seasons from the BSP.Trying to fend off AC Milan and the likes when you're in League 1 isn't easy!

Another couple where Denilson and Michael Mancienns I got them on loan for 3 years running somehow managing AZ Alkmaar in Holland winning the UEFA Cup,Mancienne captaining.

A few others were Freddy Guarin,Tonton :D ,Vincent Enyeama, Giannikas Okkas(goal machine in 02 I think!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

From my current game with Sunderland:

Elano for £7m and Matias Fernandez for £8m have been sensational in my title winning campaign, but really its all down to one man:

Pavel Pogrebnyak.

Dont ask me why, but this guy is a goal machine. He was my first signing for £5.75m and in his first season he bagged 37 league goals. Im in the last month of the 2nd season and he has 45 in all competitions. He scores every single game. Total beast and a huge bargain, the best part is, Barca made a £17m pound bid and i rejected it and he came out and said how dedicated to Sunderland he was and he wouldnt leave. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Bojan in 09, got promoted in my first season as Crystal Palace picked him up on a free (had to pay him a fair wack of my wage budget) but 3 or 4 seasons on now and he has scored 30 odd goals a season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The game created a kid called "Jose Aguilera" or something. Signed him for £1m when i was manager of MK Dons.

He scored 70 goals in the Championship and in the Premiership he got 40.

Of course, Barca came calling with a poxy £7m bid and the chairman interveined!!!

Stupid chairman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I remember a guy I bought back in Championship manager 4 I think it was, guy called Bjorn Zwikker think he came from Ajax, unreal played within 2 seasons was worth a fortune and banging in goals.

In FM08 , Lulinha is a gem , Bruno Formigoni good DM, Moutinho , Iago and of course Van der vaart were among the best bargain signings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 robbo88

from fm09 has to be the brazilian duo of keirrison (just gomne to barca 4 14mil euro) and marquinhos from paleirmas. Between them about 40 goals plus bags of assits. Ignacio Camacho also up there and sergio asenjo from valladolid best young keeper bar fiorillo but hes more advanced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Benjamin Auer, a german striker who I signed on a free with Man U in one of the very old versions, scored 30+ goals every season.

And Lionel Morgan, left winger from wimbledon who is my favourite football manager player of all time, he was unreal. Was in the game untill recently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Varao in Championship manager 00-01

He must be a cheat put in by developers. You get him for <1 million from some random club
    that dint exist in real life and 90% of his stats are max. by the end of the 1st year.

If anybody still has this edition try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 boonen

stainluss wrote: »
    Varao in Championship manager 00-01

He must be a cheat put in by developers. You get him for <1 million from some random club
    that dint exist in real life and 90% of his stats are max. by the end of the 1st year.

If anybody still has this edition try it!

Yeah, i knew To Madeira, a portuguese cheat player... he was ALLWAYS the top scorer at any team any league... and he didn't even had that good stats. Later on, Sigames admitted he was a cheat player introduced by some portuguese researcher and removed him from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

Carlo Cudicini, bought his as backup for valdes at barcelona but he soon was in the first team. Fans confidence was 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I think Guarin would be up there for me, from a couple of games ago. He was possibly the player with the highest potential on the game (think the game was 04-05 but not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

Henri Saviet in Fm08
    Bought him for 2.4m when he was 17, sent him on loan for 2 seasons.
    Scored 31 goals in his first season in first team, 39 the next, then 29, and in my current season he has scored 22 in the first 19 games.
    Won 3 leagues in a row, 2 champions leagues, 2 Fa cups and 1 league cup mainly due to him.
    Now worth at least 70m and only 23 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Mine would be Daniel Braathen in cm03/04. He player for Skeid in Norway and could be pucked up for 400k ish. Top scorer in the PL with around 40 goals 2 years running. got so many hattricks it was crazy. and his stats were crap!:confused:

Oh, and Anthony Vander Borre on fm05. Bought him for a few mill, kept him for 4/5 years. Was a rock at CB. Real then offerered £100m:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭madmac187

Paulo Sergio in championship manager from Bayern Munich for 2.5 million and then he scores 40 goals for united.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Benjamin Auer, a german striker who I signed on a free with Man U in one of the very old versions, scored 30+ goals every season.

And Lionel Morgan, left winger from wimbledon who is my favourite football manager player of all time, he was unreal. Was in the game untill recently enough.
    Jebus i forgot about him, CM4 i think that was. Christ what a player!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Martin Palermo, in CM 00/01. Whenever I started a game of that he was always the first player I signed. Then I'd comb through the swedish leagues because there was always several great players there (can't remember who at the moment.)

In Football Manager 09 ... Carlos Vela. I generally play as Man City, and can get him for about 15million. Always does well, and is very young.

Advertisement