Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Politics] Interesting thing...

Options
  • 27-03-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Being banned for a post you've already been reprimanded for shortly after you reply to the mods infraction notice by pm explaining that you would have given the same reply regardless of wether or not they were a mod as you were questioning the validity of their viewpoint rather than their 'modding'. No mention of the ban on thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A bit of context would be nice, such as a link...

From what I can gather, you got warned or infracted for a post, then argued with the moderator's reason for warning/infracting you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dattley

Sorry, Politics, last page of the cowen pictures epidemic. Can't post link as, well, can't get on there :-)

Got an infraction thingy, replied to the mod by PM:

"Grand, but for whatever its worth, i'd have been saying the very same thing to ya wether or not you were a moderator, or to anyone else who was complaining over people joking about this."

Didnt say anything more about it on thread. Not disputing or challenging it, nor am I trying to get it overturned or anything like that. Just find it unusual that the ban came some time after the infraction thingy, didnt think my PM reply was insulting?

Actually oscarBravo didn't ban you. GuanYin did. It was probably just a crossover as it occurred at exactly the same instant that oscarBravo infracted your post.

Different moderators make different decisions. In this case, two different mods have made two different decisions. One or both can stick, it's really up to those mods to decide what the ultimate course of action is.

Grand, cheers for confirming that anyway. From the times on the messages there seemed to be an hour between the infraction and the ban. Its not as if i'm a frequent poster or anything, the whole thing just seems a bit strange!

Actually you're right, there was exactly an hour between the two actions :)
    It's likely that GY simlpy didn't see the infraction, but it's also equally likely that they decided between them that a ban was more appropriate.

GY and OB both keep an eye on this forum, I'll flag it for their attention.

• Advertisement

Ah there's no need, thanks anyway, was just curious to know what way things work. And now I know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I banned you. Harsher than OBs response but in a thread where two users had been banned for breach of charter, you continued the same vein and broke the same rules.

OB may not have banned you because he felt conflicted (you were referring to him directly). I'm not conflicted.

I don't care about who you were defending or what you were standing up for. If you do it in a thread, you'll get banned.

Advertisement