Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with terminology??

Options
  • 27-03-2009 5:59pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

don't know if anyone can help me, I'm trying to find the name for invisible boundary around a peice of land. it used to be common years ago, mainly in stately homes, or parkland. it looks at one side like a continuation of land but from the other side it is either seen as a wall or as a dip in the land. it's used as sort of an illusion of never ending land...
    Don't know how else to describe it?
    hope someone can help, its driving me mad:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Is it a dry moat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 greenfingers

ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Are you thinking of a ha-ha?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ha-ha_(garden)

Edit: greenfingers, just wanted to elaborate a little in case you just looked like a smartarse. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thank you so much for that. I knew it was a silly name but couldn't spit it out.

cheers!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Did you try spraying? Ha Ha!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement