Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs For Sessions/house parties!!

Options
  • 27-03-2009 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I Play Acoustic Guitar and sing. So at Every house party, or session i'm at, I am Always asked to play.

The problem is the same every time.I know Loads of songs.... But I never know what to play.

Also I'm forever sitting down learning songs, but once i learn the first verse and chorus, I usually leave it at that... and i don' like playing half a song at a session.

So what Im Asking is...

What do you think are good songs for sessions/house party.
    What the sons you love to hear at sessions...
    Or what are the songs you love to hear, but never do!!

Please Reply with your ideas... im talking anything From rebel tunes, saw doctors, tunes like Hills of Donegal..... Right up to Modern pop music, anything like Oasis..

Songs that people can sing along to...(at least the chorus)
    And also song people we stop and listen to!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 brenchman

rockin chair by oasis is class.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Meh, depends on the music taste of the party really...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Radiohead......Fitter Happier ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 YoungFolks

best session tune-the violent femmes blister in the sun!!

no one will be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anyone else hate the guy with the guitar at parties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭phoebe!

The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel, American Pie, Past the point of rescue, wonderwall are all songs that people know the chorus to at least and there will prob be someone who knows the verses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Don't do it....seriously don't. For your own good don't do it! Even if you're amazing you will murder the party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Kold wrote: »
    Anyone else hate the guy with the guitar at parties?

^^^this.

I was at a house party full of very drunk bad guitarists a few weeks back and I blasted them all out of it with some raps. If your going to be the center of attention at a houseparty do one or two songs, then shut the hell up and get on with chatting up whatever bird it was you were trying to impress.

If your trying to impress drunk idiots the current most overplayed song is Sex Is On Fire so you'll be wanting to learn that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 timeforheroes01

Drops of Jupiter-Train

Anything by the libertines..

namely cant stand me now if you have any pete or carl lovers to join yh in the duet :D

Advertisement