Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

appetite suppressants - please help???

• 27-03-2009 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

hi
    can anyone recomend a good supplement i can take that will supress my appetite - have tried some herbal ones and i might aswell be taking smarties!! at times of stress (current situation!) i tend to be alot hungrier and eat lot more and hence put on weight - the only thing that worked for me before was really strong herbal suppressants that where since removed from the market

has anyone any ideas before i eat myself out of house and home??:pac::pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

have you tried eating more often but changing what you eat?

your unlikely to put on weight eating plenty of leafy greens and fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

A good ketogenic/low carb diet. They are famous for reducing appetite to the point where you have to remind yourself to eat. Cut out all the carbs except for lots of green veg and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

cigarettes - mmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭coralcathy

have a spoonful of fresh chopped dill an hour before you eat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

EileenG wrote: »
    A good ketogenic/low carb diet. They are famous for reducing appetite to the point where you have to remind yourself to eat. Cut out all the carbs except for lots of green veg and see what happens.
    On the keto diet, would you also cut out your porridge in the morning?

Thanks/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Normally no, but a study did find that people who ate a big breakfast with carbs like porridge, then low carb the rest of the day, lost almost as much weight as the pure low carb group. It's definitely an option for weight loss. However, if you want the hunger-curbing effect of a keto diet, I'd have eggs for breakfast (I love my mushroom omlettes) and do strict low carb for a couple of weeks. Once you have hunger and cravings under control, you can experiment with porridge for breakfast etc.

Advertisement