Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budget digital camera recommendation

• 27-03-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

when I say budget, I mean it! I only have around 70-80 euro to spend. I just need a camera to take some photos while in South America this summer. Doesnt have to be an amazing camera, once its small enough.

Am I dreaming or is it possible to get something okish at this price ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Canon Powershot A470 is the only one that comes to mind at that price (and has to be gotten online), think the A580 can be sourced pretty cheap also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

On pixmania the Pentax Optio M50 is a really nice compact P&S. I bought one for my good lady at Christmas time and it's a whole lot of fun with some nice results form it.
    PENTAX OPTIO M50 - SILVER Including Charger, Lithium battery Get to grips with digital photography thanks to the ultra compact Optio M50 from Pentax! It has an 8-megapixel CCD sensor and a 5x optical zoom, which are great for capturing life?s special moments, 2 sellers have this product for sale From £ 87.64 Inc. VAT

Disclaimer - I use Pentax DSLR gear so the above recommendation is completely biased - no harm in being up front about it. :D

One downside for me was lack of an optical viewfinder but nobody else seems to mind. The LCD is big and bright and battery life is fine for normal expectations - it won't run for a month but then again your night out won't run that long either ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

A WARNING ABOUT PIXMANIA!!!

I used to work at Amazon.co.uk and the amount of customers who rang us saying Pixmania would not exchange or refund for faulty items was scary. I would never order anything from Pixmania so just be aware of what might happen if something you purchase off them goes wrong... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'll look into those, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

colblimp wrote: »
    A WARNING ABOUT PIXMANIA!!!

I used to work at Amazon.co.uk and the amount of customers who rang us saying Pixmania would not exchange or refund for faulty items was scary. I would never order anything from Pixmania so just be aware of what might happen if something you purchase off them goes wrong... :)

posto bizarro! do amazon do aftersales services for pixmania?

• Advertisement
Advertisement