Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Number Problem

• 27-03-2009 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi
    I've been with Vodafone for 10 years and I've had my phone as a private number all along. That is I use the "caller ID switched off" via the phone. To identify myself to friends/family I use the *31# prefix programmed before each number that I want to identify myself to.

However, the odd business call I make on my mobile that I would use my private number for has seen my number appear on the other person's phone even though my caller ID is off and *31# is not before their number. I rang Vodafone and they hadn't a clue.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is there any pattern to it? Does it only happen with certain numbers / networks?

Have Vodafone confirmed your number is hidden? Have you opted to hide your number in your phone settings too? (just in case Vodafone are making a mistake).

Does it happen when you use #31# ?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Random wrote: »
    Is there any pattern to it? Does it only happen with certain numbers / networks?

Have Vodafone confirmed your number is hidden? Have you opted to hide your number in your phone settings too? (just in case Vodafone are making a mistake).

Does it happen when you use #31# ?

There is no pattern to it. Friends/family are in my phone book as *31#0871234567. All persons that I wish to hide my number from are listed as 0871234567.

When I called Vodafone about it, they hid my number but that means that all calls to and from the phone were private with "Call" appearing for all calls. I have hidden my number in phone settings.

I even changed my phone and sim card......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Are you calling 1800, 1850 or 1890 numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Are you calling 1800, 1850 or 1890 numbers?

No. The number I called today privately rang out, then the guy called me back which shouldn't have happened as he doesn't have my mobile. Well, he does now.

Advertisement