Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any shops rent flashes?

• 27-03-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,doing a gig in Dublin tomorrow night,and looking to rent a flash.Never used one before so not sure if id have enough time to get used to it for gig? Any shops in town rent them? also how much roughly would i be looking at. cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

Conns do. rental prices based on how expensive the unit it. they have all the info you need on connscameras.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

stabo wrote: »
    Hey folks,doing a gig in Dublin tomorrow night,and looking to rent a flash.Never used one before so not sure if id have enough time to get used to it for gig? Any shops in town rent them? also how much roughly would i be looking at. cheers.

conns do for about 10% of the purchase price for 2 days

but if you've never used one before, don't try it out on an important job

also, flash photography and gigs is in general, a big no-no. gigs have lighting engineers and modern cameras get fantastic pictures at really low iso's

I've been shooting gigs for about 8 years and i'd use flash on less than 1% of my shots

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Cheers for replies,had a look at conns,think ill give it a miss as im saving to get a flash.Its a club venue with no probs on flash.Should be alright.

Advertisement