Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inkjection tattoos?

Options
  • 27-03-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Basically I've been looking about getting my first tattoo done; I have a very clear idea of what I want so I sketched it to the exact size that I want it (3 inches x1) and brought it to Inkjection tattoos in Cavan. The tattooist wasn't on for doing that kind of design and was trying to convince me to go with something a lot more detailed which I'm not happy about at all, especially since I've heard putting a lot of details into such a small tattoo is a bad idea. Anyway he said he'd do some sketches over the next week and then set a date for the tattoo. I was pretty anxious about the whole thing, but I figured he's the professional; he knows what he's doing.
    <snip> Rumours and heresay are not allowed. <snip>

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone here has had any experiences with Inkjections, and would I be better off going to FatSpud tattoos?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I haven't had any experiences with either tattoo parlour, but personally I would steer clear of any tattooist who made me feel uncomfortable and tried to convince me to get a tattoo that I wasn't keen on.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Like Toots said, Id steer clear if you're not comfortable with the whole thing. The artist suggesting something else is fine BTW, but if its just that they don't like your design and wanna do something else that doesn't appeal to you as much then forget them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

If you're having doubts about how competent your tattoo artist will be then just buzz up to Dublin for the day there are plenty of studios. Take a look in the portfolios sticky, get in contact with one that suits, then get your tattoo with someone you've confidence in. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Cheers for the advice everyone, I decided to check out Fatpud's studio today, he said he could do the design I wanted he just had to fix it up a bit. He seems a lot more professional as well; he talked to me about the placement and shading on the design, and pretty much anything else I'd need to know. Definitely much happier with this place :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Glad you found somewhere you're comfortable with. Best of luck with the tattoo and don't forget to stick up a photo in the I'll Show You Mine...thread when it's finished!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 inkjection tatt

dear Gallows.
    in my shop we dont neet to sterile our needles and grips because we use ONLY DISPOSABLE TATTOO NEEDLES AND GRIPS.
    many customers thinkin, if they got any scabs, then is infected. in my whole 3 years into industry i didnt had any infections. only bad aftercare.
    i dont remeber you, so pop in to the shop and show me that design.
    if you show me crapy design i will say no! you can go to fatspud and get another ****ty stars, but not here.

for other users just check my webs.
    www.bloodlustattoo.deviantart.com
    www.inkjection.deviantart.com
    www.myspace.com/inkjection666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Surely it should be upto the person what tattoo they want. If you dont like it shouldnt really come into it. If you cant do it then fair enough.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Surely it should be upto the person what tattoo they want. If you dont like it shouldnt really come into it. If you cant do it then fair enough.

just im not a money maker person. every customer is different so just cant do something 10th time in the row.
    i had many requests for that **** on hand what that chich from idol have. and just say no. why? BECAUSE IS CRAP!!!!

btw. what you think about my works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Injecktion Tatt - I don't know anything about your business or your shop, however based upon your posts here your attitude stinks and I certainly wouldn't go to you for anything.

Ever hear "the customer is always right" ? :pac:

just im not a money maker person. every customer is different so just cant do something 10th time in the row.
    i had many requests for that **** on hand what that chich from idol have. and just say no. why? BECAUSE IS CRAP!!!!

btw. what you think about my works?
    Meh tis upto you I suppose.
    I didnt look at all the pics cos im using my mobile to browse but I liked what I seen. Very good.

• Advertisement

Injecktion Tatt - I don't know anything about your business or your shop, however based upon your posts here your attitude stinks and I certainly wouldn't go to you for anything.

Ever hear "the customer is always right" ? :pac:

what have attitude to tattoos? if you want to hear about every single star, " FANTASTIC" " GREAT" AWESOME" your thing. i hate do tribals, celtic crosses and other crap like stars. because its not an art. only stamps...

im pisd off, because she said that i dont have sterile equipment. her skin, so do what you want, where you want, but if that was her first tattoo, why she didnt ask about my tools? <snip>.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Meh tis upto you I suppose.
    I didnt look at all the pics cos im using my mobile to browse but I liked what I seen. Very good.

im in ireland for 4 years now, and whenever ive been i see MEGACRAP. i know only 5 good irish tattooists. just that.
    and usually most of the clients of mine didnt know about different styles than celtic or tribal.

im tryin to show ppl in sh*ty cavan how good tattos can be, but kids like that girl, dont undertood that complicated things like oriental, traditional, or cartoon style.
    they want another star. or star, but next time gonna be.....star...

im in ireland for 4 years now, and whenever ive been i see MEGACRAP. i know only 5 good irish tattooists. just that.
    and usually most of the clients of mine didnt know about different styles than celtic or tribal.

im tryin to show ppl in sh*ty cavan how good tattos can be, but kids like that girl, dont undertood that complicated things like oriental, traditional, or cartoon style.
    they want another star. or star, but next time gonna be.....star...
    Wouldnt really be a fan of the stars meself. Each to their own I though.

<snip> Insulting others is not allowed. <snip>

lol your mad boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

good luck with the whole "riding out the recession while pissing off a large proportion of your small pool of customers" thing dude.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ok Ive read this whole thread and from what I can see there is an issue between Injection and the OP which I dont think should be aired on a public forum.

While Injection has the right to defend his or hers livelihood the way theyve done it has just pissed off more people because of the attitude.

Now if either of you 2 want to sort this out Id suggest you do it privately.

I have a big problem with tattoo studios being put down in general in this forum by people who have never had work done by the studio they are giving out about.This is someones livelihood that is being brought into question and in the current climate no one needs that.Rumours can destroy someones business which almost happened here a few weeks back.

Now on a separate issue--Inkjection--if you want to continue posting here then I suggest you read the rules because so far you`ve broken a few of them.The one thats annoyed me the most is you bitching about "Fatspud" and slagging their work off.This is a big no-no and will get you banned.
    So consider this a warning--anymore slagging off other artists work and Ill ban you permanently.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ok Ive read this whole thread and from what I can see there is an issue between Injection and the OP which I dont think should be aired on a public forum.

While Injection has the right to defend his or hers livelihood the way theyve done it has just pissed off more people because of the attitude.

Now if either of you 2 want to sort this out Id suggest you do it privately.

I have a big problem with tattoo studios being put down in general in this forum by people who have never had work done by the studio they are giving out about.This is someones livelihood that is being brought into question and in the current climate no one needs that.Rumours can destroy someones business which almost happened here a few weeks back.

Now on a separate issue--Inkjection--if you want to continue posting here then I suggest you read the rules because so far you`ve broken a few of them.The one thats annoyed me the most is you bitching about "Fatspud" and slagging their work off.This is a big no-no and will get you banned.
    So consider this a warning--anymore slagging off other artists work and Ill ban you permanently.

im sorry.

ive sent PM to GO and waitin for the answer.
    and im happy, for give me a chance to defend myself.

i know that, im not the best artist, but i know a bit about higene, and other health issues. so anyone who say i dont use sterile needles or grips is just a ...........

dude. i dont care about recession....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I apologise for my opening post, it was never my intent to spread rumours. I just obviously had heard some less than complimentary things and wanted to get to the bottom of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lisamuire

i just want to say, i av had a tattoo done by inkjection nd i found the experience quite pleasent, the tattooist was polite nd very professional, my tattoo turned out amazing nd there was no scabbing or any other kind of problems....

i can understand y he didnt wanna do a certain tattoo, he is puttin his work out there for ppl 2 c, so doin an ugly tattoo is bad advertising for inkjection....

just wanna ask inkjection y don't u like doin stars? its a very popular tattoo for young girls nd i was gonna come in to get a load of them on my arm but not sure now incase i get turned away....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Mina Loy

Can I just ask to the tattoo artist why he wouldn't tattoo another 'star' on someone?Surely all it does is improve your technique, yeah its reptitive but it keeps your skills up surely? I'm not a tattoo artist but I do portraits and when I haven't drawn in a while it shows. I work in 3d in college and modelling skills just like drawing can fade if you dont keep doing it. Surely also if its your passion, why wouldn't you? You never know...that ****ty little star might inspire that person to get a bigger piece done, perhaps by you which you would enjoy more and thatd be more original...or theyd be put off it for life..and no more stars for you or anyone else to do from them!!;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Mina Loy wrote: »
    Can I just ask to the tattoo artist why he wouldn't tattoo another 'star' on someone?

These days if you werent willing to tattoo a star on someone then you`d be turning away half your clients ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

dude. i dont care about recession....[/quote]

with this kind mantality, you should be out off business pretty soon!!!!

your customers are the people that put food on your plate.......you should try treating them with respct..douche!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

funny.. unbelievable... shocking... fkin soap opera hahahahaha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 inkjection

hell: "These days if you werent willing to tattoo a star on someone then you`d be turning away half your clients"

so say that to those all great tattooers. i know few of them. they said no to stars, tribals, and all that crap which hold them down. if you go to Wahn or his kid Osa with some printout ar star request, they will do just big LOL. why? ppl like those guys are pushing that industry to next level.
    whats better. another rihanna stars or custom stars? i want to show ppl here, that they can do something more than flash works, other than internet printouts.

tattooireland: its funny, cs ppl out of industry, or even not beeing into art, thinkin that if some one can draw a stickman, that is the best artwork ever. some customers wrote stupid stories ala * ink, " i want 3 bytterflys, cs i have 2dogs and one cat". im doin tattoos for free if i have freehand for design style, but based on customer idea.

thats my last post, because i see ppl here are close minded, and any arguments are to hard for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Just chill out :)

I thought this was sorted, you were waiting for a PM back from people and you seemed to have calmed down. The thread was dormant from June. Why come back now and ruffle more feathers? Just relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

Maybe you should re-locate to london, new york etc..? The tattoo scene in ireland is so under-developed that artists have to be competent at covering many styles, custom and flash tattoos. Stars, tribals etc. are the bread&butter tattoos of the recession! They are the tatts you can rely on to pay the bills. Take a step back and look at your market around you, there's not a huge demand for custom work and a lot of the time customers just want straight forward, standard tattoos that are commonly seen...nothing too outside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭blacon9

I can't believe there's actually a business out there with such a bad attitude.

Imagine going into a CD shop and asking for Metallica, only for the person behind the counter to refuse because they don't like heavy metal.

Your opinions shouldn't come into it. If the client wants a star, it is your job to provide. Otherwise you are losing out on easy business, the chance for her to come back for more, and the chance for her friends to go to you.

I'm sure your art is great Inkjection, but if youre not careful, it will become a rare art to see in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Its the guys business, he should be able to pick his clients.

mechanics can turn away customers if they want, so can other trades. If someone doesnt like doing a certain thing, why sould they be forced to do something, especially if its their own business.

We all know were in a recession, but if he said he's not in it for the money, I dont see how we can give out about his attitude.

I wish I had a business where I could select the jobs I wanted to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

im closing this just so it doesn't spiral out of control anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement