Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk "the Emergency"

• 27-03-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Is this stuff supposed to be funny? what a load of crap. This is their second go at comedy and their not getting any better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

It was alright. These type of shows need time. I doubt Scrap Saturday was brilliant from day one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

I found it to be something of a curate's egg. Though elements of it were plainly and simply downright offensive, and offensively unfunny, there were some shards of comedy in there. As for satire, well I'm sure Dean Swift is not amused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

Have been unimpressed unfortunately.

It should be a great time for comedy - with everything going on there's loads of material. Then there's the fact that many of us are looking for a good laugh.

I made an effort to listen to the first episode a couple weeks ago an was disappointed. Oh well, back to listening the actual politicians getting interviewed on Newstalk - they're a comedy act in themselves sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Its a mixed bag alright. Its a case of wait and see where they go with it. Some of the ongoing gags (Nazi Willie O'Dea, etc) will start to wear thin soon.

Open minded after the first couple....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

That Vincent Browne "impression" is brutal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

As is the Joan Burton impression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I have to admit todays effort wasn't great ........ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

I think it's maybe a bit too long. Nearly half an hour is a lot and I believe that if they cut it down and focus on quality rather than quantity then it could do much better.
    I think they'd easily cut 5 minutes by stopping the awful link with Dev. "People of Ireland, please turn up the level on your wireless, because this is the emergency". Awful!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Newstalk is fast turning into the Bravo Channel of Irish Radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Hi guys - we've now got a more general newstalk megathread, so all further newstalk discussion should go there. I could merge this thread if anyone wants, but it might be a bit messy, so if no-ones bothered, I'll just close it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement