Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Media Centre - Wireless Home Setup

• 27-03-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

I've reached a critical mass point with my movies collection. Besides some 500+ DVDs & BluRays I have to store, I also have 1TB of ripped avi's that I want easy access to. To date I have just literally being pluging in my external HDDs to my DVD Player & selecting the file I want to play. After a bit of looking around I'm looking at using Windows Media Centre for easy access to all my avi's. I have a couple of questions though...

1. Can I stream the signal from the PC to my TV setup? My PC is on the top floor of my house & the TV on the bottom
    2. If yes, can I stream to 2 different TVs?
    3. Within WMCE can i subdivide avi's into various folders similar to the folder structure in Windows Explorer
    4. Is it possible to use the WMCE remote to turn off the the PC after I'm done with it?

Any help appreciated.
    squire

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Q1 & 2: Yes by using an extender, many use a modded xbox or popcorn hour for this also. Note: I have not done this myself, but think this is what you would need, I am sure others will comment.

Q3: You may need to look at a plugin e.g. MyMovies, Open Media Library, Mediabrowser, etc. in order to cover all file types.

Q4: Yes, once you are within range of the IR receiver, unless using some RF solution.

Hopefully a start to answering your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Can my PS3 act as an extender? It has WiFi (not sure of range)

Advertisement