Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mum with Leukemia....Again!

Options
  • 27-03-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hey, my mother was diagnosed with Leukemia about a year ago, since then she went through alot of harsh chemo and treatments for infections etc....She was finally cleared of the cancer and was home for awhile but was never really well at all......now we know why......the cancer has just come back and she is back in hospital and needs to go through it all again.....My worry is will she be able to take it all again.....she is in her late 60's and very tired and weak.
    Wondered if anyone knew anyone similar age that went through alll this twice in a row. I dont mean going through chemo then maybe few years or months later even getting it again, i mean only having a break of max 2 months before going through it all again? Sorry for the rant...just a bit worried about her! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mossy'09

Hi Bitsie, so sorry to hear your mothers leukaemia returned. Just wondering how she is doing? I noticed you posted your thread last month.. Did she get treatment again? I just finished treatment for AML in james' hosp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭jackell

sorry to hear about your mother,my father had got Leukemia in oct 2006 in remission in july 07, he felt it coming back december of 07,when he went for check up in march 08 doc's took him back in that day,he stayed in hos till may 08,he was told there was no hope of recovery so he wanted go home,had my daddy home from may to 27 june 07,when he be took back in,unforuantly he died 9 days later,the 6th july.my daddy was 47 when he got it.

Hope your mother gets the all clear,make sure you enjoy everyday with your mother,

you say your mother in her 60's maybe if you have child,possibly prepare them for a death(hopefully it be a long while yet) my son was 4 when my father died,he was little over 2 when he diagonised with Leukemia,so he saw my father odd time in hos,when he was home for his break beween chemo sessions.but in from march 07 he saw him most of week,he also went to the hos the day my father died,to see him,then he saw when he died.least he understood grandad went from been sick with Leukemia to dead,he know what happened to grandad.i know some people might disagree with what i decided,felt be best,as i lived with my father, I felt it was better for my son to understand that grandad could die,so month before daddy died we talked about death ,so told him when daddy died he turned into a bird,so everywhere we go we see a bird,he say,there is ''daddy'' bird.It so cute,but when i heard him saying 'o there daddy' i still look around expecting him to be here.

Hope i helped you out a bit,hard to write all that(havnt clue what i wrote,i need wipers in my eye's!:)) pm if like

Advertisement