Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drinks

• 27-03-2009 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Not so much of an alert but it would still be useful.

I was returning from London and saw some good offers on drinks at the airport. Picked up 2 X 2 for £22 offers.

2 bottles of Morgon Spiced Rum for £22 (It's €26.50 for one is Tesco here).

2 bottles of Triple Distilled Red label Smirnoff for £22 (Tesco price €24.50 for one).

Sorted for few weeks :)

There were more on offer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Heathrow, Stansted, Gatwick, luton ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I was at the Gatwick but I think these are the same shops on most of the airports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

^^ There wasnt any end date on the offer. I guess the offer will be open for sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Baileys Litre Bottles.
    Two for £22 in Stansted.

You would pay more than that for one in a supermarket here!

• Advertisement

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Baileys Litre Bottles.
    Two for £22 in Stansted.

You would pay more than that for one in a supermarket here!

The litre bottles were not allowed if you are travelling within EU. Although 700ml were still avaible for aroung £10. Thats what I saw in Gatwick. It may be different on Stansted.

I was looking for a Baileys bottle as well but you know Ryanair!!! After 4 bottles my handbag was full and they allow only one baggage with you. Not even an extra small bag. B****rds!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

They don't mind if you have a back pack and then a plastic bag from the shop... You're allowed buy as much within the airport as you want. Though they may stop you if have 15 bags..

Thanks for this OP, might get a cheap flight over for an hour and stock up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Brimmy wrote: »
    They don't mind if you have a back pack and then a plastic bag from the shop... You're allowed buy as much within the airport as you want. Though they may stop you if have 15 bags..

Thanks for this OP, might get a cheap flight over for an hour and stock up ;)
    they do now. have started enforcing the one bag rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Matches

This offer was also in bristol this morning...

Also -

Ryanair were checking bag sizes at the gate this morning, anyone who's bag did not fit in the little bag size checker was sent back out to the check in desk to check in there bag which made them miss there flight, not sure if they were put on another flight or they had to pay for a new flight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement