Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

checking remaining minutes on o2 clear 50

• 27-03-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any easy way to see how many minutes you have left on the o2 clear 50 plan? Is there a simple code you can send to check?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

*111# for inclusive units, and *101# for unbilled spend so far that month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks alot. Cheers! :)

*111# is not working yet. Signed up yesterday. Does it take some time to work?

They dont always work though, the service has none to be down quite a bit. But been better of recent though :) even the webtext and o2.ie seems to be not having as much downtime anymore.

It works ok on my partners phone(175 minute plan) but not on mine yet.

Ye i would say its a bit soon, but as a said earlier it can be a bit error prone. What message did it give you?

• Advertisement

Request not confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Thanks alot. Cheers! :)

*111# is not working yet. Signed up yesterday. Does it take some time to work?

Afaik that doesn't work until your second month of the contract

Request not confirmed.

I would say you will have to wait a bit. Normally its 'service not available' when its not working. Did your partner sign up at the same time? And it might not be setup over the weekend. You can check online, or ring 1909 if you want.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Afaik that doesn't work until your second month of the contract

Never heard of this :confused:

My partner has had her phone for a few months now.

Was just wondering if you had got them at the same time and one was setup and the other wasn't. Give it till monday and see then. I haven't heard the second month idea before, maybe someone could shed more light on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

Davy wrote: »
    *111# for inclusive units, and *101# for unbilled spend so far that month

For the 1st i get "Your remaining balance updated on 27/3 is 541 minutes, 52 sms, 0mms, 0 MB. This includes promotional offers. Thank you, from o2.

For the 2nd i get "Charges are since your last bill Ex Rental, Free Call Value and Add ons. Your individual Pay monthly call charges Ex Vat EUR 4"

Could anyone explain exactly what both mean?
    its a work phone so i never see the bill. Does the 2nd mean that the bill stands at €4 at present?

aster99 wrote: »
    For the 1st i get "Your remaining balance updated on 27/3 is 541 minutes, 52 sms, 0mms, 0 MB. This includes promotional offers. Thank you, from o2.

For the 2nd i get "Charges are since your last bill Ex Rental, Free Call Value and Add ons. Your individual Pay monthly call charges Ex Vat EUR 4"

Could anyone explain exactly what both mean?
    its a work phone so i never see the bill. Does the 2nd mean that the bill stands at €4 at present?

No, the €4 mean anything you save spent outside your bundle minutes and package. Your work has paid eg:€XX a month for your minutes. Which you still have 541 left. But you have called/text/internet usage of €4 which isn't included in your package. So if your monthly plan costs €60. Your bill would be €64

Thats interesting because all i've done is make calls and send a few texts. Why would they not have been taken from the bundle?
    All calls i made would have been to Irish mobiles/landlines

1850, 1890, 11890 numbers?
    Texts to premium numbers? 55XXX etc
    Internet/data usage.......

If you have the access details you could of course check online.

I made 3 calls to 11850...that could be it

aster99 wrote: »
    I made 3 calls to 11850...that could be it

:p Something jogged your memory

I could see how €4 would be easily billed for using directory inquiry's. See the rates here Going up in 3 weeks too

*111# and *101# are both working today. :)

Good to hear. I thought it might be Monday but seems to be on the ball. Maybe sammy was wrong on this one :p

The only question remaining is when does my month start?
    Is it a calender month with a pro rata charge to the 1st? Or is it a month from the day of sign up?
    Checking *111# says I has the full 50 mins remaining.

The only question remaining is when does my month start?
    Is it a calender month with a pro rata charge to the 1st? Or is it a month from the day of sign up?
    Checking *111# says I has the full 50 mins remaining.

Its starts on eh day you sign up. That will be your billing period start date. So it will be on the 26th every month. Their can be a lag time on updating on *111#. Online is more accurate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement