Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An opinion(or two) please.

• 27-03-2009 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Well as i've seen some of my pics popping up on those kinda searching sites i'd like to add a watermark to my more important pics...Anyway i've done a 5 min job in photoshop and came out with this

3390924678_16c4870fb4_m.jpg
    I know it's simple but it has enough information to show i own it,And where i can be found
    100% opacity
    3390105793_fd07c75c45_o.jpg
    50%
    3390959916_cc4ca6507b.jpg
    And this would be the size it would be in photos,I know it can't be read but i will obviously be putting it on higher resolution pics

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I didn't think it looked nice at all on it's own but it looks really well on the image.

How about making the opacity 50% on the black letters? Just to see what that would look like - just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I didn't think it looked nice at all on it's own but it looks really well on the image.

How about making the opacity 50% on the black letters? Just to see what that would look like - just a thought.

Will give that a shot now,Cheers for the help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

What about something like this - but less intrusive ?
    alfa2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Wouldn't be for me, the watermark that is (or AR's attitude), maybe a different colour or more opaque might work better.

Added 50% opacity

• Advertisement

I'd make it a bit bigger cos on the high resolution version you could still crop is out.....

I'd make it a bit bigger cos on the high resolution version you could still crop is out.....

But i'm trying to keep it at a size where it's easily visible but not taking your eye off the actual photo

Ricky91t wrote: »
    But i'm trying to keep it at a size where it's easily visible but not taking your eye off the actual photo

Then i'd go for the 50% opacity version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Good job on the logo Rich, looks cool! I too would worry about people cropping it out of the images but once positioned correct its fine. 50% opacity is less eye catching but I prefer 100%.
    You probably already know but on Flickr you can hide your pictures from search engines. Hope Helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'd be more worried about that red opel in the background taking your focus off the subject :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

50% works quite well.

I'd be more worried about that red opel in the background taking your focus off the subject :p

lol quite a good eye to pick that out :p

Well the photo was the first one i saw when i opened a photo folder
    And secondly it was scrapped today :D

Thanks all for the help

And AR i've replied to your PM

Advertisement