Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do they know??

Options
  • 27-03-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

My bunnies fascinate me because they ALWAYS know when we're going away.

Most of the time when we're going for a weekend or a week or two it will be to Cork (we're Dublin based) which means they'll come with us and so we don't have any big prep routine but also occasionally we'll have a holiday abroad that means they have to go into boarding.

The thing is, no matter how little we change our normal routine on the day we're heading away they know that they are going in their carrier (which they hate). Our bunnies are more tuned into our mood than we realise...

They will do everything in their capabilities (which is a fair amount when it comes to a bunny) to keep away from us - from the moment we get out of bed - before we even start preparing to leave!!

Anyone else with stories of their animals knowing more about them than they do themselves ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Our cats are exactly the same .. they just seem to be able to sense tiny subtle changes in routine somehow, especially if it involves either of them going to the vet!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Yep - same with one of my cats. He hides before I even start packing - no idea how he figures it out!

The only thing I can think of is the mornings I am going away, I;m bustling about getting ready in a hurry. Usually, I'd be moving a bit slower!

Advertisement