Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipods with earphone unit on the top

Options
  • 27-03-2009 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me which ipods (players not phones) have the earphone unit at the top?

Thanks

keps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The ipod touch has the earphones at the bottom.

The ipod cassic has the earphone jack in the top. (That's the video ipod). I checked my OHs!

I'm not sure if the nano has the earphone jack on the top or bottom. Hopefully someone that has one will come along and let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

watna wrote: »

I'm not sure if the nano has the earphone jack on the top or bottom. Hopefully someone that has one will come along and let you know.

at the bottom for the nano

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

only ones that have them at the top are the ipod and the iphone, not counting the shuffle in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

only ones that have them at the top are the ipod and the iphone, not counting the shuffle in that.

To just say 'the ipod' is confusing .

I have discovered that the 'mini' and the ' classic' also have the the earphone unit at the top.

The question was not a frivolous ome but asked for a very specific reason.

Thanks to all who helped.

keps

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well i just assumed you meant devices that were on sale now, because unless you go second hand you ain't going to get the older versions ala mini.

as of which there are

ipod.
    ipod touch.
    ipod nano.
    ipod shuffle.
    iphone.

ipod and iphone are the only ones in the current ipod family that have their jacks at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Well I did not find this on the Antique Road Show

http://www.apple.com/ipodclassic/

But point taken - and sorry for the confusion I caused

Great site - thanks to all.

Advertisement