Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What were your orals like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

German was good enough I think, apart from my pronunciation, but hopefully that's not worth too many marks. Oh yeah the role play was kinda weird too, any fellow German students will understand.. I got the Fish Restaurant one, most bizzare role play ever IMO but anyway... You know the way you're meant to insist on only paying the menu price? Our examiner kept offering the new dish for the same price and saying "zum gleichen Preis". Shouldn't she have tried to get me to pay more, so I'd have to refuse and say that I was only prepared to pay the menu price? Okay, way too complicated never mind. Long story short, I'm worried the examiner had misinterpreted the role play and I may have lost a few marks as a result. Apart from that mini incident it went fairly well.

French was good too, the examiner was quite nice. Although, my exam was on the last day so the examiner seemed to be not giving me his full attention.. I went on about how living in the city is so great blah blah so that he'd have to ask me the disadvantages of city life. When he asked me that I went on about drugs and vandalism etc and then at the end of my rant he was like "et la drogue?" I was like "arrggghhhh, i've just been talking about that for the past 2 minutes", in my head, obviously. Instead of repeating myself I just like looked at him blankly and said 'oui', I should've just repeated myself godammit. Dunno why I didn't. Hopefully his inattentiveness didn't loose me too many marks.

So yeah, orals pretty were good despite a few slip ups. My music practical, on the other hand, was a disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

-ME- wrote: »
    German was good enough I think, apart from my pronunciation, but hopefully that's not worth too many marks. Oh yeah the role play was kinda weird too, any fellow German students will understand.. I got the Fish Restaurant one, most bizzare role play ever IMO but anyway... You know the way you're meant to insist on only paying the menu price? Our examiner kept offering the new dish for the same price and saying "zum gleichen Preis". Shouldn't she have tried to get me to pay more, so I'd have to refuse and say that I was only prepared to pay the menu price? Okay, way too complicated never mind. Long story short, I'm worried the examiner had misinterpreted the role play and I may have lost a few marks as a result. Apart from that mini incident it went fairly well.

I had that Godawful roleplay too. The examiner sort of skipped past the part where I refuse to eat fish and offered me a hamburger, so I just kept telling her I wouldn't eat fish, it sounded quite bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Haahahaha. Of course I can forgive you. Im a christian!:D

Serious though about the sheet being open? Was it plain to see?

yeah it was mental, she just wrote the previous person's result down, right in front of you while you were sitting there waiting for her to tell you which sliocht to read! The French one guarded the grades like they were government files or the coca cola recipe or something though, so none of us know there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭messygirl

actually the speaking is marked out of 120 and then there is the extra 30 for the sliocht so technically ye are both right,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

-ME- wrote: »
    So yeah, orals pretty were good despite a few slip ups. My music practical, on the other hand, was a disgrace!

Urgh, same here!

Flew Irish, German was ok (despite getting Ruhestoerung with all of the ridiculous opinion on issue questions that go with it) and French was fine (apart from the document, when she insisted on asking questions that I hadn't prepared and ignored the main point of it)
    But music was a disaster! I am so ashamed whenever I think back to it :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement