Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Film Meet?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Not wanting to hijack this thread but with such a special interest captive audience in all...

I recently got into using 120 rolls b&h and colour. I am looking for a place I can send off in the post to get developed (negs only) probably by opening an account. Im down here in Limerick and my options are pretty limited expensive and bad attitude from camera shop etc.

Also some suggestions of best places where to buy replacement rolls etc online would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

fade2che wrote: »
    Not wanting to hijack this thread but with such a special interest captive audience in all...

I recently got into using 120 rolls b&h and colour. I am looking for a place I can send off in the post to get developed (negs only) probably by opening an account. Im down here in Limerick and my options are pretty limited expensive and bad attitude from camera shop etc.

Also some suggestions of best places where to buy replacement rolls etc online would be great.

www.7dayshop.com is where I buy my film.

Why not give Gunn's a call 01 4781226 about doing the dev. If they won't do postage delivery they might be able to tell you who will do it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

elven wrote: »

If you get bland shots from a particular location, there's one person and one person only to blame...

I'd disagree with that as there are huge variables in the equation that are missing from that sentence. But each to there own thought process though.

I've never been on one of these things but I like Darreng's idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Cheers for that Bovril,
    I gave Gunns a ring there and happy to work over post/phone etc
    Cheaper and seem to want business unlike the crowd here in Limerick.

I was probably being grumpy earlier as I have spent days erecting a series of magnifying glasses and mirrors in exact positions outdoors and since the shoot has been set up it has done nothing but rain, blow and generally been crap outside. The covers I have to protect the set are too heavy and knock the alignments of the glasses and mirrors out of whack and the sheets are letting in water which means I've spent forever re-aligning and cleaning and still no sun. The subject has left for London and she's irreplacable. And I'm really grumpy I'm not going to London. And she has the keys to my place over there. And I've left my 'jazz' mags out on the coffee table over there. And I can't clear my full up with god knows what answering machine from here. 'Mare!!!

Howth on Sunday would be just the tonic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

For me the location matters little as to what photo's I'm going to achieve as I'll be using strange cameras.
    I'd prefer city centre for sheer convienience but then again my thing is street photography.

is it time though to make a decision on location so people can decide...

My vote is a city centre location - a pub as a base so people can run out snap a few shots and come back to their pint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Well, I'm not too keen on the pint early on tbh (And no, I can't go to a pub and not have a pint, I'm afraid) - I'm being somewhat dryer these days with so much work, but let me know what's going on. I could be a +1 with another film using friend.

Ha'penny Bridge Inn at 1.30?

It does a smart pot of tea, toasties and other things.

The Winding Stair (as a cafe) and Bewley's of Westmoreland St. are badly and sadly missed for such events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

To be honest if we start at 1.30pm with tea it will probably be ages before we get away. I'm going to suggest outside Tart St. station at 12ish to hop on a train to Howth. If people still want to do the city centre then we can split up and meet up again later.

What's the consensus?

• Advertisement

I'm happy to meet at 12ish at Tara St. and see what happens after that.

So 12 noon outside Tara St. Station. I've let a few people know by text.

Ok 12 it is, the forecast is great too.

This started about bringing old cameras for digital folk to use as well and get an idea of where all them snazzy photoshop ideas came from!

I can rustle up two or three, don't mind loaning them out for others to run a film through during the meet. you'll need to bring any lightmeters you have for the older cameras.

I don't want a back injury, I have over 40 vitage pieces in various states of functionality. I'll bring a few oddities as long as they don't weight too much.

Argus Brick camera - one wierd thing 35mm, haven't tried it myself except test shutter speeds which are close enough.

Super ikonta 6x9 folder and probably a 6x6 super ikonta too. One has a roll of neopan 400 loaded already if someone wants to bring a 120 roll as a swop. both are amazing.

if someone wants to try a more trad film slr let me know, i have a few from canon to nikon to fujicas.

I have a voitlander vitessa 35mm - but first time i tried it it did not wind on properly and I got double and triple exposures.. if that is your bag this is a trip (i'm going to fix it soon) as the lens is a classic.
    sample pics - single and double:
    3376749761_3dca36fb25_m.jpg3377565936_baa49dca53_m.jpg

If the bag isn't too heavy I'll bring a TLR along too. I'm with Humberklog on the idea of tea and sarnies.

Anthony

I'd offer to bring along the large format, but didn't I leave all the feicing darkslides in the darkroom.

12 at Tara it is then. I'm not sure if I'm gonnae able to get across town to pick up other cameras but I've the A1 with me.

I'll have a few bits and bobs anyways :)

• Advertisement

:( I got there late about 12.35 and stupidly did not have a contact number for anyone..... hope everyone had a great day -- maybe next time.

Eeep! I'd say we missed you by about 10 minutes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

how did it go?

It went grand, wandered around Howth for a few hours, it was roasting out, and plenty of people. I think I got some nice shots of folk enjoying the weather. Going to start developing today - Went through 6 rolls of 120 yesterday, but have about 22 rolls to dev altogether!

Popped in to Sin E for a while after and took advantage of the €3 pints, and I complained about how burnt I got... :-/

Good day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Fajitas! wrote: »

Popped in to Sin E for a while after and took advantage of the €3 pints, and I complained about how burnt I got... :-/

Good day :)

Sunburn in April - Alleluia!

Sounds like a good day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

i got no sunburn!

Scanned the polaroids and got them up on flickr (the set includes shots that weren't taken on the day as well mind) but the velvia will be a longer time comin.

The star of the day for me though, had to be:

3458500285_3dacb82aed.jpg

Just left my slide film into the place on abbey street at lunch and it'll be ready at 4.30 on Wednesday :(.

Not hopeful of much but we shall see.

Love the citroen Elven. It's a win!

Fajitas has a big red head and a broken Canon (ahem:o).

Popped mine in for 1 hour (8quid). Should have something up tonight. Not too confident then again...

Good relaxed fun with good relaxed people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Sorry I didn't make it along, had a party at the house on Saturday night and was too tired to come. Really wanted to as well.

Good to see a fun time was had though.

The larger developing cannister's gone missing, the middle's gone missing from the middle sized ones, and I'll be feiced if I'm developing 22 rolls in single goes!!!!

Gonna have to wait til I get paid to get'em developed!

Btw, head is still red as ever! Think the Canonet is fixed though :p

Just three I've had a quick look at and uploaded straight from the disc. There's two things; Love that camera Fajita. Love it. I didn't use it nearly right but have it figured now looking the the photos. The other thing is I popped film into the cheapy shop and there is a large black dot and three white ones running through every snap but that's not your camera as it is also running through shots from my Canon. All of them. I've yet to see if they've damaged the nags or if it's on in transferring to disc.
    Anyway three random un-edited photos:

From Turkey
    3460136972_da5dceceba.jpg

From Hungary
    3459310459_614c0e749b.jpg

And from Benin

3460126718_f0fd6324a9.jpg

I don't think you did too bad at all there Humberklog!! Noticed the black dots in 'em, if you can't see anything on the neg, it could just be their scanner. Glad you liked the camera, is a little gem! That film works out quite nice too - Was hoping it wasn't going to be madly overexposed!

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I don't think you did too bad at all there Humberklog!! Noticed the black dots in 'em, if you can't see anything on the neg, it could just be their scanner. Glad you liked the camera, is a little gem! That film works out quite nice too - Was hoping it wasn't going to be madly overexposed!
    Yeah it must have been. I'd a go taking out the blobs and it's not too bad now. There are more on my flickr site but I can never seam to get the link sticking, but you where it is.

3460778150_0404da0431.jpg

3459898623_5e83655514_o.jpg

3460777776_236f1d2d1b.jpg

humberklog, any chance of a link to your flickr?

DarrenG wrote: »
    humberklog, any chance of a link to your flickr?
    As said Darren I keep dropping it wrongly or something so it would be easier if you just log in and search for neilarmstrongjude.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

They're great Humberklog.....
    Pity I couldn't make it... next time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Yeah they're excellent, wish I could have gone :(

Finally got mine developed, and very quickly digitalised. Yes, I know they're not straightened. No, I'm not going to straighten them. :)

I'm pretty sure these are all Neopan 400.

First two were waiting for everyone else to come along;
    IMG_0409_copy.jpg

IMG_0415_copy.jpg

Second lot are folk enjoying the sunny weather... ;
    IMG_0499_copy.jpg
    IMG_0502_copy.jpg
    IMG_0507_copy.jpg
    IMG_0509_copy.jpg

And the third lot are from out visit to an incredibly busy Beshoffs for a bit of fish & chips;
    IMG_0457_copy.jpg
    IMG_0460_copy.jpg
    IMG_0469_copy.jpg
    IMG_0466_copy.jpg

Few more that might crop up in the Random thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Jez Al that one with yer man on the bike nearly made my heart skip. It looked like an old photo of my dad when he was much younger, and if you were to ignore the modern markings on the bike would not go far from 1950.

Advertisement