Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sziget

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NumptyB

ah yeah, sure you won't care once you're there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Orions belt

can't wait man its gonna be great, was anyone else tempted into the vip campsite thing cause i did. even though i probably won't need it but sure why not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

what's in the VIP bit?

what's in the VIP bit?

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=52422202&blogId=501451323

I dont think its of much use, but sure as the americans say about their guns "i'd rather have it and not need it,than to need it and not have it" obviously the there is no need. as this is my first time and i am going it alone i thought i would give it a go

i heard aswell that your best not to go swimming in the danub, as further up the river raw intreated sewage is pumped into it in various places. i honestly couldnt imagine being on a beach and not swimming.

that looks pretty cool...don't think i'll bother with it though :)
    is it expensive?

thanks for the heads up...defo shan't be dipping into the river now! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Just wondering where ppl have bought tickets for Sziget and how long they took to be delivered because I'm thinking of going on 13/14 August while interrailing, but we'll be leaving soon enough & don't want to buy tickets and not have them before leaving! Thanks for any replies!

as far as i know you print them off when you pay for them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 LeanneF

just wondering if anyone could answer a few general questions..its my first time going!!

1. is it better to bring euros or florints?

2. how much money would i roughly need to bring for the week?? l
    how much is a pint?

3. can anyone recommend any cheap hostels as we are staying for 2 extra days after the festival.

4. does anyone know or think that a few more big bands are going to be announced?

my first time too, but with regards to hostel i heard the backpackers hostle is the job, great atmosphere for meeting new people really well built nd designed. i will be staying there after aswell mainly cause i heard its such a layed back friendly place

check it out here http://www.backpackbudapest.hu/

i'm also staying two nights after but i'm staying in the mandarin hostel-it's only 7e a night...defo check out hostelworld...great website for looking up hostels :)

• Advertisement

cool thanks!! i will defo check them both out!! you guys are prob looking for all the same info as me!! wer newbies!!lol!

as far as i know you print them off when you pay for them :D

Cool, thanks!

that looks pretty cool...don't think i'll bother with it though :)
    is it expensive?

thanks for the heads up...defo shan't be dipping into the river now! :eek:

it's 83 euro and i think you can just buy it there on the day if it does tickle your fancy

it's 83 euro and i think you can just buy it there on the day if it does tickle your fancy

thank you :)

i'm so excited about this-i can't wait! :) i think it's gonna be great fun :D

i can't sleep at night, and its still 19 days away. over flowing with excitment

we are arriving on the sunday in Budapest and are just wondering if you can actually camp on the island that night for the extra 10 euro... does anyone know if this campingsite is actually on the festival grounds or is on another part of the island?? its all very confusing on their website!

i can't sleep at night, and its still 19 days away. over flowing with excitment

19 days?! that long?!

*sigh*

LeanneF wrote: »
    we are arriving on the sunday in Budapest and are just wondering if you can actually camp on the island that night for the extra 10 euro... does anyone know if this campingsite is actually on the festival grounds or is on another part of the island?? its all very confusing on their website!

i think you can camp on the island...and i think it says that if the grounds weren't ready there'd be another site...if worst comes to worst and you can't camp on the island it says on that website that there are camping sites around budapest so you could use those in a worst case scenario :)

masherella88 is right i think, the grounds for camping are open at 12:00 pm on the tenth, hostel it up. and if you set on camping the hostel i mentioned before called the backpackers hostel has a part where you can camp for €11(check the website it has pics of it). or dorm it up for €13

i meet one of those guys who collect on the street for oxfam today, we had a long conversation about various things and he mentioned this hostel and told me i should definitly hit it. he did sweet talk me out of a 5 euro a week deal to oxfam. could have just been his charm that makes me want to go to the place but he made it sound very appealling

yeah thats what i was thinkin too.. prob will just hit a campingsite nearby for the night so we can get in early on the monday to get a good shady spot for the week! :) very excited now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 zoveress

Hi, The campsites are on the festival grounds however it is guarded and separated with a fence. You should only be able to go into the campsite if you have a week ticket that includes the on-site camping fee.

Well definetly no swimming in the river folks it is very dirty so u might come out from the water with 3 eyes :D

zoveress wrote: »
    Hi, The campsites are on the festival grounds however it is guarded and separated with a fence. You should only be able to go into the campsite if you have a week ticket that includes the on-site camping fee.

Well definetly no swimming in the river folks it is very dirty so u might come out from the water with 3 eyes :D

i know the campingsite for the actual week of the festival is on the festival grounds, but do you know any info on camping on the sunday night(9th) as we are arriving that day and want to camp as close as possible to the festival?are there any caming facilities available on the festival grounds or nearby that day?? any info is much appreciated :D

I'm going to Sziget on the 13th and 14th, from what i've read on the website as i have two consecutive day tickets that allows me to camp on the night of the 13th but not the night of the 14th (i would also need a ticket for the 15th for this? thats how i understand it). Is this correct?? Would like to be able to camp both nights.

i know the campingsite for the actual week of the festival is on the festival grounds, but do you know any info on camping on the sunday night(9th) as we are arriving that day and want to camp as close as possible to the festival?are there any caming facilities available on the festival grounds or nearby that day?? any info is much appreciated :D

I think you should be able to camp already on the 9th however once the festival opens you will have to go offsite, get your ticket sorted and come back in again. Not sure though they change this every year I heard stories though that ppl arrived 2-3 days early and it was still OK :)

eoin99 wrote: »
    I'm going to Sziget on the 13th and 14th, from what i've read on the website as i have two consecutive day tickets that allows me to camp on the night of the 13th but not the night of the 14th (i would also need a ticket for the 15th for this? thats how i understand it). Is this correct?? Would like to be able to camp both nights.

It is correct if you get caught :) Otherwise just pack your stuff up early 15th and leave if security sees that you are leaving I do not think they will bother much...

zoveress wrote: »
    It is correct if you get caught :) Otherwise just pack your stuff up early 15th and leave if security sees that you are leaving I do not think they will bother much...

Cool, thanks! I think we'll chance staying the extra night...worst that can happen is we'll be asked to leave a few hours earlier than expected!

eoin99 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks! I think we'll chance staying the extra night...worst that can happen is we'll be asked to leave a few hours earlier than expected!

The security guys are really nice anyway. I remember 10 years ago there were a bunch of big ass bodybuilders hired, it all changed now thank god.. I think the reason for this is that everyone is very peaceful, no fights whatsoever so no need to have these guys around.

Folks, We are still looking for more people that comes to sziget and want to hang out in a group. The more the merrier :) There are approx 20 of us at the moment, pretty much international, Irish, Estonian, Hungarian and Portugese.

Half the crew is camping :)

Anyone interested camping at the same place and have phun together add me on MSN zoveress [at] hotmail [dot] com

Cheers
    Z.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

Just added you zoveress. Me and 3 friends are going over for the festival, and staying for a week in Budapest afterwards. Would be nice to chat to somebody who knows their way around the city! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RobertMcRoberts

Hey hope this isent a stupid question but do they take euros in budapest?
    I know they have the fornit but does anyone know if its advisable to bring some over or is it easy to exchange them over there?

Advertisement