Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sziget

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Orions belt

Getting bus now in an hour to Dublin for prague then on to sziget, Hopefully see some of you there Good luck with it evry1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

Getting bus now in an hour to Dublin for prague then on to sziget, Hopefully see some of you there Good luck with it evry1

Good luck to you too!

Good luck everyone, hope your travels go smoothly and you have a wonderful Sziget however long you'll be going for! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ali_pixie

Oh wow. I started this thread months and months ago, forgot to check it and look what I have spawned! I really should have had a look, all of this stuff is pretty useful.

I'm flying out tomorrow (the 10th) at 4pm with ryanair so I'll be seeing some of you at the airport I believe, my friends Victoria and Una have been in touch! Yay, cannot wait, I'm currently juggling a tent and a sleeping bag and clothes around between bags and trying to fit it into the ryanair baggage weight limit. Anyways I do hope to meet some of you and if I don't have a fantastic time at the festival!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

Ali_pixie wrote: »
    Oh wow. I started this thread months and months ago, forgot to check it and look what I have spawned! I really should have had a look, all of this stuff is pretty useful.

I'm flying out tomorrow (the 10th) at 4pm with ryanair so I'll be seeing some of you at the airport I believe, my friends Victoria and Una have been in touch! Yay, cannot wait, I'm currently juggling a tent and a sleeping bag and clothes around between bags and trying to fit it into the ryanair baggage weight limit. Anyways I do hope to meet some of you and if I don't have a fantastic time at the festival!

i was talking to Una the other day :) so i think i'll be seeing you tomorrow in dublin airport at about 1 o'clock :) i'm Siobhán :)

i'm unbelievably excited :D starting to pack now...what is the ryan air baggage weight limit by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

its 15 kilos. should be good fun on the way home :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Heading on the Malev flight in the morning. They've a 23kilo limit! One of the reasons we went with them.. also the early morning out late evening back. All in all this has been quite expensive so far but counting on it not being so bad when we get there based on the reports. ;). Hopefully Ill have the toutless twitter uptodate with my goings on if anyone wants to follow things.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Went to it on Friday and Saturday. Really impressed with it, great weather, cheap drink, friendly people and the toilets were surprisingly clean with 395000 people using them. In oxegen they are destroyed after one night! It's grand getting there and back aswell with that Dart thing they have.

Any of you give the zip-line a go? It was cool. Only bad things were the scary crush at the start of the prodigy - some arseholes started pushing from the middle and there was a big stampede of people trying to get away from them to the outside and the 2 hour delay with malev yesterday.

I'll definately head there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Sziget was good but I think either this year was different to previous years or it has been over sold to me just how much there is actually going on. The first couple of days I felt overwhelmed but by the 3rd day we realised we'd seen pretty much the entire festival. For some reason I thought the 400k attendance number was per day.. its actually per week so its closer to a 60k per day attendance... so less than Oxegen.

There was lots of amazing things to see such as the crazy Barcelona arts troupe with the hamster wheel or the zipline setup or the interactive bicycle games but they never varied or changed over the week. There was also lots of unique things to do such as coming into the festival on a ferry with a pint while passing the sights of Budapest but its the same each time and by day 7 the novelty has worn off.

I don't really like to be so blunt but the lineup was muck. Faith No More pretty much justified the entire thing for me... they were that good. Pendulum, Prodigy, some of the Fatboy Slim set were all good in their own rights but that was pretty much it. Things like Editors, Subways, Bloc Party etc are festival filler as far as I'm concerned.. you'd be hard pushed to avoid them walking down the street at this point. I tried to get into some of the random hungarian bands around but it just never happened.

I didn't camp and maybe thats a big part of it. The campsites looked fantastic. I think Szigets appeal is living in another world for 7 days with a lot of attractive and drunk individuals from around the world. I can see the appeal of that but that isn't what I went for. As a music festival there are better options out there, as a week boozing in the sun and partying until crazy o'clock in the morning Sziget is probably the place to go. If I was five years younger and/or single this would be a much different review.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Ah the camping made it for me - the music was good not near as good as other lineups such as the 'unmentionable' and Rock Werchter etc.

I thought Manic Street Preachers were good, Fatboy Slims set was incredible! Went to see Paul Oakenfield but wasn't impressed. I really enjoyed The Editors actually and The White Lies were brilliant too. Snow Patrol were good too.

Toilets all very clean and food wasn't too bad. It was pretty much all 24hours so that was enjoyable, didn't really seem to get too drunk, more coasted along which was perfect.

Weather good, bit cloudy first few days but that was okay. Got in to see the city too, beautiful place. Would liked to have had another couple of days in there to explore, stayed over one night but not too much happening that we could find in one night.

People in the festival were great and as Toast hit on - you needed to camp to see half the characters. We brought a rugby ball and had random passerbys joining us for a throw about.

In saying that - I don't know if I'd go again. Was at Rock Werchter last year, so I think I'd like to see somewhere new again, but would definitely recommend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

One word, heroic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 llcooljay95

Hey I have a ticket for Sziget this summer 2014 and am selling it if anyone wants it? Friends kinda cancelled after i had already bought it so not too interested in going alone :/ bought it for 200 but selling for anything upwards from 100 euro :P its a 7 day camping so a good deal if anyones interested??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Deficient in Calcium

Yo Lads and ladies,
    I have been to sziget for the past five years. Going again this year. Its the highlight of my holidays and is so much better then anything in ireland or england. Electric picnic took its inspiration from sziget. Just imagine it on a larger scale with sunshine, cheap food and drink, no fights, good vibe and uber hot women. with any luck the nightly wet tshirt competition will not be axed.. Can't remember what tent its in though.

If you want to ask any specfic questions just let me know, i know budapest like the back of my hand....ie places for gaa matches etc if your so inclined. Plus some hot spots for food and drink that are not touristy

This is my first time ever using this site thing, so i don't know how this will turn out but here goes... my two main questions are how much spending money is needed for the five days, and what kind of footwear would be suitable? cheers!

Advertisement