Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N00b ipod touch question

• 28-03-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,959 ✭✭✭

I got a 2g 16gb ipod touch today. I was planning to register it etc tonight but I've had two people tell me that if I register it with Apple I won't be able to jailbreak it in the future when this becomes a possibility. Is this true? It seems like you can do very little with it without registering it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Yes register it, it won't stop you jailbreaking it and you can JB the 2g ipod touch now in less then a few minutes ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Ian Beale wrote: »
    Yes register it, it won't stop you jailbreaking it and you can JB the 2g ipod touch now in less then a few minutes ;)
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,959 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks a million to you both. That's a great help to know :)

Ian Beale wrote: »

Really? I thought the JB release was still a number of weeks off.Do you know where it's available?Or should I not be asking questions like that here ?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'm pretty sure it's in no way illegal. If you search quickfreedom you'll find it no problem.

• Advertisement

Thanks Humbert :)

Advertisement